Rick Dees Weekly Top 40

Thread: Rick Dees Weekly Top 40

Rick Dees Weekly Top 40

Just wondering, is the Weekly Top 40 with Rick Dees still on the air? According to Wikipedia, it is, but I donít know of a single station that still airs it. All the stations I know that used to air it seem to have dropped it, and I donít think the website ever had a list of stations carrying it. So are there any stations that still have it?

No clue but I know one station near me (the valley of the Jolly Green Giant) 105.5 KRBI St Peter/Mankato, MN plays classic AT40 80s episodes on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoons and KXAC 100.5 (oldies) plays the 70s version Sunday morning

Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 is still syndicated by Compass Media Networks. Here is a link to their site, listing the different versions of the show that are available.

http://www.compassmedianetworks.com/...bum/rick-dees/

Doing a quick search at TuneIn.com brought up about a dozen stations running the show today. You can stream them there. That's not the total number of affiliates, but the stations who are carried by TuneIn that also list the show on their website.

There are a lot of competitors in this field. American Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest is the biggest.

Kansas City is the biggest market to carry it with Mix 93.3 airing it every Sunday morning.

KMXV has carried Rick Dees at least since it switched to Top-40/CHR in '94. It may have even carried it in the KLSI days. KLSI picked up Casey's Top-40 shortly after KCPW Power 95 left the air in the summer of '89.

Hearing top-40 programs on KLSI in the pre-94 years was interesting. It would edit out the hard rock and rap tunes and would have its board-op announce the title and artist and either introduce the next song or lead up to the stopset often saying what Casey announced in the regular program.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Hearing top-40 programs on KLSI in the pre-94 years was interesting. It would edit out the hard rock and rap tunes and would have its board-op announce the title and artist and either introduce the next song or lead up to the stopset often saying what Casey announced in the regular program.
    Actually Casey himself would diverge from the R&R chart if the song didn't fit the format. As it was, they did a CHR and AC version of Casey's Top 40. But within the CHR show (which I imagine KLSI ran), Casey occasionally skipped songs. He wouldn't explain why either. He's just go, for example, from #28 to #26. Maybe slip a break between the two.

The most famous "omission" from a Casey-hosted countdown was probably that of "I Want Your Sex" back in 1987. Wasn't actually cut from the countdown, but stations were given instructions on "edit points" to cut the song from their countdown if they so desired.