The end of The Mully & Hanley Show - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The end of The Mully & Hanley Show

Quote Originally Posted by udfan07 View Post
    Here is an article with some perspective from Barrett Sports Media:

http://sportsradiopd.com/2018/07/the...ck-in-chicago/

Thank you for the link, I hope this will provide at least some insight on why this decision was made.

Quote Originally Posted by staggmovie View Post
    Thank you for the link, I hope this will provide at least some insight on why this decision was made.

The article doesn't explain why only Hanley was replaced and not Mulligan. If this really is about recreating The Game on 670, they should have dropped both.

Also, the article blames DeCastro for WGN losing the Cubs. I'd suggest that blame goes to Sam Zell.

Quote Originally Posted by udfan07 View Post
    Here is an article with some perspective from Barrett Sports Media:

http://sportsradiopd.com/2018/07/the...ck-in-chicago/

I read the article, and this article provides more insight on The Game that I had made a mention of in my original post. so if anybody that read my post, and never heard of The Game, I am, sure were scratching their heads wondering what the heck I was talking about. I hope that they check out the article out. But looks like the plan is that Jimmy Descastro is replacing long time sports hosts with sports hosts that he knows from the Game. Now he won't be able to get Mark Carman and Harry Teinowitz as they are the last ones standing that was on The Game that is still on WGN Radio, they currently host White Sox weekly and maybe even the Beat late Saturday afternoons until the early evening hours. Depending on of course what the Chicago White Sox' schedule looks like on Saturdays, as they can also have them air on Saturday nights instead if the Chicago White Sox are playing a game that airs during that time slot. Where the game ended Jimmy Descastro canceled the weekend version of Weekend Sports Central, and replaced it with the Beat with younger sports hosts. I believe Connor McKnight was one of the original hosts of The Beat, and I believe that they had 2 more co-hosts Jarrett Payton was a host more on the Sunday version of The Beat, where sometimes he was in studios but mainly on a phone line, until WGN Radio ended the Sunday version of The Beat, and moved Brain Noonan to afternoons, and gave Karen Conti a show of her own. The Beat in football season only got to air rare shows when the Chicago Bears would have Noon (central time) games, and WGN Radio would have Hamp, O'B , and Koz follow up Chicago Bears games with a post game show, and the Beat would only airs when the Bears didn't play at Noon on a Sunday., which also included when they had a bye week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12