• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM 1690 KDDZ Radio Disney Denver.

Syfy

Star Participant
Hi im starting this form to talk about the former am 1690 radio Disney Denver. If anyone has any airchecks from that station id be interested in trading for them or buying them. The station was flipped to a money talk format a few years ago and its pretty sad I think.
So if anyone has anything at all to say about that station feel free to comment id really be interested in hearing any other stories you may have about that radio station. Thanks.

I was able to pull in this radio station in Victoria, TX at night on a few occasions. Pretty awesome signal, even for an X-Bander.

ETA: I believe all of the Radio Disney stations were pulled, not just the one in Denver. I used to DX Panama City's Radio Disney affiliate, "WDIZ," but now it's playing rock or classic hits.

Last edited:
Hey that’s interesting. Did you record any radio Disney at all? Im trying to get any radio Disney recordings that I can. And also I heard that this station could could be picked up in a lot of different places and even from other countries.

Also yeah they sold most all of the am and fm radio Disney stations except for the Los Angeles one.

Thanks ive seen all of the youtube clips that have to do with radio disney but im looking for new airchecks.

Did you work for KDDZ in the past? If so, there is another way to track down your voiceovers/entries with the station other than youtube.

Was wondering if anyone might have airchecks from this station new users been about a year since last posted on this thread? Thanks.

I don't think anyone does.. and it's going catholic talk radio soon

I don't think anyone does.. and it's going catholic talk radio soon

Since the Radio Disney stations were essentially satellite repeaters of the flagship Disney station, a recording of one would be the same as a recording of another. Other than inserting the legal ID and, maybe, some local commercials, there would be no difference in any of the repeater stations.

Even if Disney had kept logger recordings, it is too far back for them to have been kept. The purpose of logger recordings is generally to prove broadcast of commercials and to protect the station for liability issues; 90 to 180 days is likely as long as those were kept and I doubt that they even did that at the local stations outside of LA.

Since the Radio Disney stations were essentially satellite repeaters of the flagship Disney station, a recording of one would be the same as a recording of another. Other than inserting the legal ID and, maybe, some local commercials, there would be no difference in any of the repeater stations.

Even if Disney had kept logger recordings, it is too far back for them to have been kept. The purpose of logger recordings is generally to prove broadcast of commercials and to protect the station for liability issues; 90 to 180 days is likely as long as those were kept and I doubt that they even did that at the local stations outside of LA.

The local radio disney am stations use to have shows that were specific to the local market on weekends not just community access type show but they were call in show talk format and they were specific to the market or station airwaves not the national feed for KDIS in LA.

The local radio disney am stations use to have shows that were specific to the local market on weekends not just community access type show but they were call in show talk format and they were specific to the market or station airwaves not the national feed for KDIS in LA.

The talk shows were Disney's "Public Affairs" commitment fulfillment. I did not know they were local, but in any case they were done to deal with the PA commitment in their license renewal and "problems / programs" list. That list, a "must have" in the Public File, shows the station assessment of community issues and how the station responds with programming; such programming may be tailored to the station audience meaning a youth station need not address a problem facing seniors, even if it is serious.

Issues/Programs Lists (73.3526(e)(11)(i), 73.3526(e)(12), 73.3527(e)(8)) (retain until final action taken on the station’s next license renewal application). These are quarterly lists prepared by stations of programs they aired during the preceding quarter that provided the stations’ most significant treatment of community issues.

The times I heard those shows they were not giving a local number... it was a toll-free number and they carefully did not identify the location of the caller.

"Community Access" is not an FCC programming type. Public Affairs is the broad title for shows that deal with community needs, problems and issues as determined by the licensee. A talk show about that sort of material qualifies. In fact, there is no requirement for on-air community access... just one for responsive programming.

Last edited:
Uh yeah, where you been? announced weeks ago.. Salem has sold a bunch of stations to Relevant Radio

That group of stations is such a set of dogs that they likely have to include a couple of dozen leashes in the deal.

Uh yeah, where you been? announced weeks ago.. Salem has sold a bunch of stations to Relevant Radio

Heres the link with info

https://news.radio-online.com/artic...to-Acquire-20-Stations-from-Salem-Media-Group

Oh ok had it on earlier today and they were still on air as kdmt checked their online lineup and didnt see anything about a change in schedule or format flip so wondering when that might be happening because by the way that article reads it seems that relevant radio has already finalized the purchase so wondering when it is going to change formats have you heard anything on this Some Radio Guy?

Oh ok had it on earlier today and they were still on air as kdmt checked their online lineup and didnt see anything about a change in schedule or format flip so wondering when that might be happening because by the way that article reads it seems that relevant radio has already finalized the purchase so wondering when it is going to change formats have you heard anything on this Some Radio Guy?

no lease before closing, so relevant radio will take over when they close or shortly there after.. about 90 days after they file for the sale

and most stations wont say far in advance, if at all, theyve been sold, theyd run off clients

no lease before closing, so relevant radio will take over when they close or shortly there after.. about 90 days after they file for the sale

and most stations wont say far in advance, if at all, theyve been sold, theyd run off clients

Wow larry elder show is gonna lose its Denver market when they flip formats ..... sad.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom