Hitland 106.9

Thread: Hitland 106.9

Hitland 106.9

As of this last Friday, WSRQ (and W295BH)'s format is 1960's and 70's pop music.
    Too bad they were only placeholding 98.3,
    but they mentioned on their FB page that a signal increase is in the works.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

An FCC query, looks like an app in Venice for 250 watts on 95.9, terrible HAAT but who knows they might be able to move it. and as always I might know more than letting on......seems like an older WSRZ
    srqfm.com or direct link http://ice6.securenetsystems.net/WSRQ

Quote Originally Posted by hdradioeng View Post
    An FCC query, looks like an app in Venice for 250 watts on 95.9, terrible HAAT but who knows they might be able to move it. and as always I might know more than letting on......seems like an older WSRZ
    srqfm.com or direct link http://ice6.securenetsystems.net/WSRQ
    With 103.9 as a CHR and now 106.9 as oldies, if you listen to the AM band, and you hear the AM counterparts of 1450 and 1220, respectfully, in addition to Regional Mexican 1280, (soon to be FM) you would think music is returning to the AM band.

What I think is funny, is it is almost what happened originally when music was king on AM and the FM was just there. The simulcasts were still there until the FCC said it couldn't. Then they reversed the decision and could be again.

What is old is new again. Gonna have to fire up that AM-only tube Philco once more!

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!
    Last edited by badjef; 07-03-2018 at 09:25 AM. Reason: eliminates the use of the same word twice.
    Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta! Spring Training Home of the Sa-ra-so-ta! Orioles. www.myteamsuspenders.com and tell us you read it here for free shipping of your favorite sports team.

Quote Originally Posted by badjef View Post
    in addition to Regional Mexican 1280, (soon to be FM)
    Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!
    Launching a translator in an area the size of Sarasota is the same as launching a new station
    and they will be spotty in much of Manatee county, so I wonder how long this format will survive.

I like the format. I hope it lasts. It covers Sarasota pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by rfrus View Post
    I like the format. I hope it lasts. It covers Sarasota pretty well.
    Too bad 106.9 moved from the old 103.3 tower.
    That was a nice signal from there.
    And, at the risk of sounding greedy, I would have liked to have heard them from the top, top, top, of the tower.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!
    Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta! Spring Training Home of the Sa-ra-so-ta! Orioles. www.myteamsuspenders.com and tell us you read it here for free shipping of your favorite sports team.

Quote Originally Posted by hdradioeng View Post
    ...terrible HAAT but who knows they might be able to move it. and as always I might know more than letting on...
    @47ft, they will be almost 3dB weaker than a 100@100 LPFM in Venice.