• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hitland 106.9

So a slant wire (shunt fed) was used to excite the self support cellular tower.
A second tower would really add a lot of UMPH to their coastal signal, both power and directional gain,
but now that they are all-music, all of their listeners must use their translator anyway.
I still do not know why they could not keep 98.3 which had a much better signal than 106.9

You should check it out now, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the new facility.
Well, for some reason I used to get all distortion where I work at SRQ airport, but now 106.9 is clear. I thought that was from dispatch equipment in my car but nothing has changed. Has the FM moved or somehow changed? And a 2 tower directional for the AM should be easy because the 2 patterns are listed as being identical, just different powers.

Oh, a CP to move to near Hwy 301 and 26th Ave in Manattee county is now listed. That must be it! That should cover very well.

Last edited:
95.9 is also solid at the airport.
Oh, they are on the 89.1, 92.1, 107.9 tower.
Son of a gun, sounds like some BIG improvements.

Last edited:
Found the new 106.9:
Two elements looking approximately south.

106.9 is ever so slightly louder than 95.9 but very close.
The difference between the Answer's two translators is much more pronounced
with 103.1 being noticeably louder than 93.7.
I heard a little bit of co-channel QRM at 106.9 on Ana Marie Island,
maybe from the Clearwater translator.
Some digital linking must delay 1220 by a few more seconds than the two FMs.
Time to include 95.9 on the website logo image.

Ill look into the level issue, 95.9 is on newer firmware but both are set to 75khz deviation, and both air chains are identical. 1220 is running on a barix and that has a different buffer but we will see if we can adjust them all to match. Beasley's 106.9 is protected by W295BH and that opens the door for the AMI issues, not much I can do about that unfortunately.

STOP!
MY BAD!

My receiver was blending 95.9 but when I went south of town yesterday, they sounded indistinguishable.

BTW...I just dropped a passegerr at 1799 Independence; four dishes pointing south, two toward St Armands, and two north. That tiny one must be way up in the GHz

OK cool, there is 6 - 900 Mhz dishes, 1 6 Ghz, and some wifi stuff (or your tiny one) stop by anytime I will give you a tour it's a great facility and I am usually here

I don't know why I didnt knock on the door, you once invited me over. Next time, now that I know where it is.
Did you meet the celebrity who sent his show to NYC this morn? He lives part time in or on Siesta Key.

Almost forgot to mention after decades of STA's and being a nomad with no real home WSRQ AM has received a license for its new facility!

Almost forgot to mention after decades of STA's and being a nomad with no real home WSRQ AM has received a license for its new facility!

Is there a parasitic directional quality from the accompanying tower?

If so, how might that affect the licencing power?

Might they be able to recover most of the 1kw as a result of those directional characteristics?

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

The determining factors for 1KW were other co-channel and Cuban stations, so the max power determined by an omni directional pattern was 770 watts daytime and flea power at night, BUT night power was authorized.

The easiest Miami station to receive along the Suncoast seems to be WJCC on 1700.
Their skywave is present throughout most of the day, but subject to constant, severe fading.
560, 610, and 940 each have strong first adjacencies here and 710 has Cuba all over it.

I discovered two things today:
W240DP's two sets of double Vee antennæ (whatever they're called) with full-wave spacing rotated a few degrees clockwise from the two, three-bay spares,
and that WSLR is only delayed by about a second now.
I think they used to be further behind the two translators.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom