WMMR & WOGL

Thread: WMMR & WOGL

WMMR & WOGL

I have noticed that there are some songs on the log that only get played overnight. An example would be on WMMR - Nobody's Fool by Cinderella and I Remember You by Skid Row. On WOGL, there is Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd and Black Velvet by Alannah Myles. Is there any reason why this is the case?

I know they have certain playlists based on ratings and that is why they play certain songs and not others...but why would you just play certain songs overnight and not during the day? Any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by AM/FMRAINMAN View Post
    I have noticed that there are some songs on the log that only get played overnight. An example would be on WMMR - Nobody's Fool by Cinderella and I Remember You by Skid Row. On WOGL, there is Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd and Black Velvet by Alannah Myles. Is there any reason why this is the case?

I know they have certain playlists based on ratings and that is why they play certain songs and not others...but why would you just play certain songs overnight and not during the day? Any ideas???
    Daypartting is nothing new. Some programmers like to get a little more adventurous during times when fewer people are listening. It may be that they're looking for reactions from a smaller audience before they spring something as potentially blasphemous as Alannah Myles on the masses.

Just kidding about the blasphemy. In fact, "Black Velvet" seems just about perfect for a Classic Hits station in 2018. I don't know why they wouldn't spin it during the day.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AM/FMRAINMAN View Post

Fewer commercials means a need for more songs. So, to avoid messing with the rotations of the song categories used in 6 AM to Midnight, the include thr “next best” testing songs in a fill category.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.