• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

More Blood Out Of The Turnip

With possible FCC easing of station ownership limits brewing, the Buckeye Media Hut is stepping up our non-broadcasting courses to assist the remaining few in radio with career transitioning. Imagine I❤ Bankruptcy owning eight FMs in the Valley? Further belt tightening for sure. Think Ancient Modulation has bit bottom.. wait until operators can own as many as they'd like. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone other than a bug exterminator at an AM Station. YIKES!

On second thought, maybe Nurse Jeff and I should sell this joint and let some home builder turn it into Happy Hut Acres.

Keep in mind that iHeart voted against any proposed deregulation when polled by the NAB. So you may not see them buying anything.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't buy an AM station if I was allowed to own all of them. Ownership rules are not why AM is in trouble. Changing the rules won't fix the AM problem.

Keep in mind that iHeart voted against any proposed deregulation when polled by the NAB. So you may not see them buying anything.

Even the purchase of paperclips is monitored by creditors, so I'd agree they're in no position to buy.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't buy an AM station if I was allowed to own all of them. Ownership rules are not why AM is in trouble. Changing the rules won't fix the AM problem.

The only reason to buy an Ancient Modulation station is to get the translator. Even a bunch of 50kw blowtorches now have translators. One of the reasons I❤ Bankruptcy opposes ownership changes is that in markets under the top 75, there would be no caps. FM or AM. I Heart feels that in those markets, owners would buy nothing but FM's and leave AM's (including theirs) twisting in the wind. But aren't most of them doing that now?

Last edited:
I Heart feels that in those markets, owners would buy nothing but FM's and leave AM's (including theirs) twisting in the wind. But aren't most of them doing that now?

I'm pretty sure that Salem would love to keep picking up AM facilities at pennies on the dollar. They seem to be able to turn a buck on Ancient Modulation.

It helps that Salem doesn't carry a lot of debt.

Mary Berner would love to only owe $249 million!

Bob Pittman would be doing cartwheels with that number! The cheshire cat grin belongs to Ed Christian of Saga...LTD of only $25m. He loves small to mid-sized markets and puts HD~Too to work feeding translators. Definitely a buyer if and when ownership rules are relaxed.

Mary Berner would love to only owe $249 million!

When comparing revenue to debt ratios, Cumulus had 2017 revenue of $1.14 billion, while Salem had $263 million. Cumulus just shed more than $1 billion in debt, so the ratios are about the same for the two companies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom