KLUV HD3 is now Classic Trax - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KLUV HD3 is now Classic Trax

While the nextradio app lists KLUV HD3 as Classic Rock, the stream itself is Radio Disney.

One thing I just realized is that KLUV will cut its ties to nextradio and be on radio.com, since the station is owned by Entercom.

Entercom is upgrading all of its streams to 128k for the Radio.com app. Some HD2 and 3 stations are streaming, some not. If the goal is to truly compete with IHeart, Pandora, Spotify, it should only be a matter of time before Entercom will have all of its HD 1s, 2s, and 3s streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritof67 View Post
    One thing I just realized is that KLUV will cut its ties to nextradio and be on radio.com, since the station is owned by Entercom.
    No. Entercom is pulling its streams off of TuneIn.

NextRadio is an app that uses the FM chip on a phone and fails over to streaming if there's no FM chip (cough cough iPhone). While NextRadio is an Emmis product, Entercom is part of a consortium that paid Sprint to turn on the FM chips on its devices to make the app work. That consortium has an option to buy out Emmis next summer. The NAB is in a big push to advertise NextRadio on member stations right now, so pulling out of that app now would be a big FU to the NAB, which I don't see them wanting to do.

Throwing TuneIn an anvil as it's drowning in debt is good for radio.com. I see no strategic gain in pulling out of NextRadio at the moment.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post
    No. Entercom is pulling its streams off of TuneIn.

NextRadio is an app that uses the FM chip on a phone and fails over to streaming if there's no FM chip (cough cough iPhone). While NextRadio is an Emmis product, Entercom is part of a consortium that paid Sprint to turn on the FM chips on its devices to make the app work. That consortium has an option to buy out Emmis next summer. The NAB is in a big push to advertise NextRadio on member stations right now, so pulling out of that app now would be a big FU to the NAB, which I don't see them wanting to do.

Throwing TuneIn an anvil as it's drowning in debt is good for radio.com. I see no strategic gain in pulling out of NextRadio at the moment.
    Since my last post, I learned through Jay Cresswell at KLUV they will use radio.com as the stream provider for KLUV and all their HD subchannels.

Right. Entercom is pulling its streams off of TuneIn and trying to build up the radio.com asset they acquired from CBS.

Nobody is disputing that.

NextRadio is an app that controls the FM chip in Android phones, and Entercom holds a stake in it along with a handful of other station owners. They're leaving that alone.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Are they start streaming yet?

Yes. The stream went active over the weekend I think. Should be on the Radio.com app and site now.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRadioFan View Post
    Yes. The stream went active over the weekend I think. Should be on the Radio.com app and site now.
    Mmm, nope. Can't see it there. Someone have the direct stream URL?

It's not available yet but should be any day.
    Idiots abound!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast