• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

107.3 The Eagle

Glad to hear them mention on air today that they play Classic Rock. They immediately followed it up with the Classic Hits name. I don’t know why it bugs me but I would rather they call themselves 107.3, Tampa Bay’s Classic Rock. It just sounds so much better.

THANK YOU! I'm glad someone else gets it! I saw the other day that WXGL was nominated for a Marconi in the "Best Classic Hits Station" category. Which is a crock when you consider the station is nothing more than a CHINO ("Classic Hits In Name Only") station!

Word to that! I never got why stations that only play classic "rock" brand themselves as classic "hits". Q105 is a classic hits station, with pop records in rotation and and 80s CHR style imaging. Especially in this market where there is a Q105, The Eagle branding themselves as classic HITS is a bad move. Embrace classic ROCK and run with it. I'm pretty sure The Eagle never plays Madonna or Wham.

Word to that! I never got why stations that only play classic "rock" brand themselves as classic "hits". Q105 is a classic hits station, with pop records in rotation and and 80s CHR style imaging. Especially in this market where there is a Q105, The Eagle branding themselves as classic HITS is a bad move. Embrace classic ROCK and run with it. I'm pretty sure The Eagle never plays Madonna or Wham.

"Classic Rock" and "Classic Hits" are very precise terms within the industry for purposes of sales presentations and music reporting /monitoring, but on air and to the listener, they are only as well defined as individual stations make them. So stations may choose either or some modification of them for on air positioning.

Will someone please tell me what format, WSRZ 107.9 falls under?
They brand themselves as "The Suncoast's Greatest Hits",
but much of their music sounds to me like the most "poppy" of what album stations were playing back then.

Will someone please tell me what format, WSRZ 107.9 falls under?
They brand themselves as "The Suncoast's Greatest Hits",
but much of their music sounds to me like the most "poppy" of what album stations were playing back then.

They are the same format as Q105, Classic Hits. However WSRZ has a slightly larger playlist.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom