107.3 The Eagle

Thread: 107.3 The Eagle

107.3 The Eagle

Glad to hear them mention on air today that they play Classic Rock. They immediately followed it up with the Classic Hits name. I donít know why it bugs me but I would rather they call themselves 107.3, Tampa Bayís Classic Rock. It just sounds so much better.

THANK YOU! I'm glad someone else gets it! I saw the other day that WXGL was nominated for a Marconi in the "Best Classic Hits Station" category. Which is a crock when you consider the station is nothing more than a CHINO ("Classic Hits In Name Only") station!

Word to that! I never got why stations that only play classic "rock" brand themselves as classic "hits". Q105 is a classic hits station, with pop records in rotation and and 80s CHR style imaging. Especially in this market where there is a Q105, The Eagle branding themselves as classic HITS is a bad move. Embrace classic ROCK and run with it. I'm pretty sure The Eagle never plays Madonna or Wham.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DJHoof View Post
    Word to that! I never got why stations that only play classic "rock" brand themselves as classic "hits". Q105 is a classic hits station, with pop records in rotation and and 80s CHR style imaging. Especially in this market where there is a Q105, The Eagle branding themselves as classic HITS is a bad move. Embrace classic ROCK and run with it. I'm pretty sure The Eagle never plays Madonna or Wham.
    "Classic Rock" and "Classic Hits" are very precise terms within the industry for purposes of sales presentations and music reporting /monitoring, but on air and to the listener, they are only as well defined as individual stations make them. So stations may choose either or some modification of them for on air positioning.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Will someone please tell me what format, WSRZ 107.9 falls under?
    They brand themselves as "The Suncoast's Greatest Hits",
    but much of their music sounds to me like the most "poppy" of what album stations were playing back then.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    Will someone please tell me what format, WSRZ 107.9 falls under?
    They brand themselves as "The Suncoast's Greatest Hits",
    but much of their music sounds to me like the most "poppy" of what album stations were playing back then.
    They are the same format as Q105, Classic Hits. However WSRZ has a slightly larger playlist.