• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPHT (Talk Radio 1210)/Philadelphia Adds Mark Levin

So Sean Hannity gets pushed even later, and Dave Ramsey gets the door.

Between the podcast, Sirius, streaming, etc, there are so many ways to hear the Dave Ramsey show without the extended terrestrial commercial breaks that having to wait for a 9pm rebroadcast on WPHT seems unnecessary.

This is not going to save 1210's format imo. The station's format is dead and the management needs to realize it. No amount of money they make can fix the various problems 1210 AM has, especially their ratings. That's all I'm going to say about 1210 AM.

No it’s not. Because it never is.

If there is a party that lacks awareness, I honestly suggest it isn’t Entercom.

Levin is a natural fit for the station. It makes sense to pick it up.

No it’s not. Because it never is.

If there is a party that lacks awareness, I honestly suggest it isn’t Entercom.

Levin is a natural fit for the station. It makes sense to pick it up.

Its not going to make a difference in the long run, because its on AM, the money will run out and the audience will fade and at that point Entercom will have to make a decision about 1210 AM and plus the station is horrible in all aspects and everyone I think can agree with that.

My head just exploded. And you know what? It didn't hurt as much as I expected. Carry on.

This is not going to save 1210's format imo. The station's format is dead and the management needs to realize it. No amount of money they make can fix the various problems 1210 AM has, especially their ratings. That's all I'm going to say about 1210 AM.

Yes, and you say it every time there is a staff change or a book comes out.

The fact is that owners of AMs with older-demo formats know that they can't do anything other than "keep on keeping one" as long as the revenue exceeds costs. At some point, they will have to sell the station, but not until the profits are gone.

In other words, there are no options here. This is not the game show with three doors. This is a brick wall with no doors. You do what you can with a depleting resource until it no longer produces. It appears they have already taken impairment charges for the lessening value of the asset (the license, in other words) so the endgame does not entail a heavy loss.

Last edited:
At some point, they will have to sell the station, but not until the profits are gone.

And to some that may sound like a defeatist attitude, but the fact is that radio companies don't own the signals they broadcast on. They're merely licensees. The FCC should have dealt with the decline of the AM band 30 years ago. They instead allowed it to fall apart until the only solution is providing FM translators. Unfortunately WPHT doesn't qualify, so there is no solution to the problem confronting Entercom.

The format isn’t dead. Dying? Ok, point conceded. But that’s a long way from dead. They’re pulling the strings they need to in order to maximize the lifespan of the format.

No Julius I do not agree with you. Limited options for the AM dial. Talk, News and brokered crap. WPHT is making money and keeping people employed. No change is currently needed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom