Entercom to end its Broadcast contract with Tunein for Radio.com

Thread: Entercom to end its Broadcast contract with Tunein for Radio.com

Entercom to end its Broadcast contract with Tunein for Radio.com

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...ively-on-radio

According to this statement by Entercom they will remove all of the Entercom owned stations between July to August and this is a ploy to boost listenership to the radio.com app.

Could also be the kiss of death for TuneIn.

I read that TuneIn was for sale a day before I read Entercom is pulling out. IHeart has its service, Entercom will have Radio dot com. I wonder if there is enough value there for Entercom to consider buying TuneIn (at a bargain basement price) and not the $500 million dollars sticker price. https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...al-sale-report

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
    I wonder if there is enough value there for Entercom to consider buying TuneIn (at a bargain basement price) and not the $500 million dollars sticker price.
    There's nothing there to buy. Radio.com has the same platform, and Entercom owns it.

Well, if TuneIn goes, I am still listed on Simple Radio and other dance radio app platforms. Sucks because TuneIn is my favorite app for years.

I don't think Tunein is going anywhere. They still have hundreds of independent, mid-sized radio groups (Hubbard, Saga, Bonneville, etc...) College and Public stations, and the international stations as well. As a side note, a lot of Triton Digital streams went active this week, all 128k, and all belonging to Entercom!

I tend to think TuneIn will still be fine after Entercom leaves as it still has most stations and operators. Beasley, Alpha, Cox, Emmis, Bonneville and many others are still on the platform, though some of them are also on iHeartRadio and their own apps.

I do, however, notice TuneIn's lack of attention to local broadcasters, and it does make me less sure of its future. As recently as two years ago, I could submit a station's streaming link, and I'd usually get a response back that it would be on the platform in 48 hours. User submissions were discontinued at the end of '16. Broadcaster submissions have become much less responsive, too, from what I've heard. I recently talked to a friend at Alpha, and he implied some of the reason Alpha added its stations to iHeart (though they’re still on TuneIn) was because TuneIn was becoming too cumbersome to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I tend to think TuneIn will still be fine after Entercom leaves as it still has most stations and operators. Beasley, Alpha, Cox, Emmis, Bonneville and many others are still on the platform, though some of them are also on iHeartRadio and their own apps.

I do, however, notice TuneIn's lack of attention to local broadcasters, and it does make me less sure of its future. As recently as two years ago, I could submit a station's streaming link, and I'd usually get a response back that it would be on the platform in 48 hours. User submissions were discontinued at the end of '16. Broadcaster submissions have become much less responsive, too, from what I've heard. I recently talked to a friend at Alpha, and he implied some of the reason Alpha added its stations to iHeart (though they’re still on TuneIn) was because TuneIn was becoming too cumbersome to deal with.

Online Radio Box. I believe they will be the next TuneIn Radio. I can stream Townsquare stations that TuneIn cant. Unfortunately Entercom and iHeart are unable to. There is another app out that can stream every station including iHeart stations, but it's only available for iPhone users
    Owner/Operator at http://party732.com