Tropo? E-skip? on FM?

Thread: Tropo? E-skip? on FM?

Tropo? E-skip? on FM?

Tuesday night I was cruising around Allston and tried picking up WSNE from Providence.

Picked up what sounded like Country music on 93.3 and couldn't figure out what station this might be.

Country music...some hokey sounding traffic reports and spots....and I finally got the call letters WKYQ!

100,000 watts in Paducah Kentucky!

It's that time of year.Some I have picked up in the past:
    "Kix 96.5" WJCL-FM Savannah GA , a country station, while in Beverly, mixed with Herman Cain talk from WDBO in Orlando

WPCC Pensacola FL in Salem (on WMWM freq but we were off air)

NPR from Carbondale IL

A friend got a New Orleans FM in Akron OH area

WQXR -FM NYC in Essex

Years ago a friend got what was then WBCS 96.9 "Boston's Country Station" when in Wisconsin.He joked, "Wisconsin's Best Country Station".Ads for Boston businesses.

WWDB-FM Philly while in Lynn
    Last edited by raccoonradio; 06-22-2018 at 02:23 PM.

WKYQ to Boston would be e-skip. And yes, the band was wide open Tuesday evening from the northeast down towards KY/AR/etc.
    758 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: JOBK-666 khz Osaka, Japan, 10/5/18

On Monday I was driving in New Jersey and picked up 92.5 KQRS from Minnesota, 92.5 WJJQ from Wisconsin, and 93.3 KBLB from Minnesota. Each one was strong enough to display RDS text on my car radio.

Quote Originally Posted by BillHall View Post
    On Monday I was driving in New Jersey and picked up 92.5 KQRS from Minnesota, 92.5 WJJQ from Wisconsin, and 93.3 KBLB from Minnesota. Each one was strong enough to display RDS text on my car radio.
    Occasionally storms lying approximately midway between receive and transmit points can cause signals to "bounce".....
    In your case, for instance, there MAY have been storms in the Ohio Valley area.....causing this effect.....
    Nice snag, though -- MN to NJ!!!