• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nobody loves WGN as much as WGN

You may very well be correct. It'd be interesting to see who WRME cross-cumes with. I only made that suggestion because I believe the median listener age of WGN and WRME is "up there." In WGN's case, it's gotta be north of age 60.

Imagine how bad WGN's ratings will be in another five years. Ditto WLS.

I wonder if the availability of Newsradio WBBM on the FM dial has taken a good chunk of cume away from the AM band altogether?

I also cannot help but wonder if WRME has snagged a lot of 55+ listenership away from WGN.

I don't think there will be a lot of people right now would want to imagine what their ratings will be like 5 years from now

Between the joke that is the "Walk of Fame" (and the associated ceremony) and the endless fawning over Tribune Tower (which they have now left) I've come to realize that nobody loves 720 WGN as much as 720 WGN. Yes, I know every radio station talks up how terrific they are, but WGN's on-air talent takes it to a new level of self-congratulating.

I love that they made their own Walk Of Fame which is a little like going down to the Trophy Shop and having them make you an award for yourself proclaiming that you're a wonderful person- it might make you feel special but it doesn't actually mean anything. And before someone says it, yes I know the station and talent have gotten several awards and accolades that actually matter and are well-deserved.

Yes, WGN has a long history as a popular news/talk radio station, and has had a lot of talent on air over the years, but all the pats on the back they give themselves get very old, very fast.

Do you think WGN Radio will say something like "we think we are lousy, we think you need to listen to something better", no of course they aren't going to say that.

You may very well be correct. It'd be interesting to see who WRME cross-cumes with. I only made that suggestion because I believe the median listener age of WGN and WRME is "up there." In WGN's case, it's gotta be north of age 60.

It can't be, maybe for most listeners but I am no where near the age of 6-, and I listen to them at times.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom