1300 KKOL... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1300 KKOL...

Sounds like Salem is promising to build out Bainbridge for Intelli. Have fun with this! https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws...&fac_num=20355 Light reading for your afternoon.

That is a read, several bathroom breaks needed.

I'm right that KPAM is being operated under an LMA till closing of the agreement. 1300 needs to be delivered operating from the new location for the deal to close.

Who owns the KPAM site sounds like it is triplex too.

Much easier to swap to like cars, less paper work.

Intellius owns the 860/1550 twofer near Camas WA- Pamplin had that land. If you look around page (oh gawd I dunno) 40 or so there's some stuff in there about each one agreeing to the other's duplex and triplex agreements. Seriously, if you ever had a thought of being an attorney, just read that fine work. It'll cure ya!

Interference, lowering property values, unwanted format. Seems to sum it up.

When I saw that Salem wanted to build out KKOL on Bainbridge, I knew it would be a rocky road. I also think a lot of the opposition is purely based on politics, being what Bainbridge is, and being what Salem is. If KKOL were a progressive talker, I highly doubt there would much blow-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    RFI mitigation comes like a tsunami when you turn on a brand new site and as you know, there is no way of predicting which homes or businesses will be affected.

Anymore with the value of AM stations being so deflated, I don't think it's worth the trouble trying to fight NIMBY's. Especially rich NIMBY's.
    Itís not that bad if you keep the modulation down for the first week and gradually bring up the power. Technically, maybe youíre not supposed to do it that way, but we did, and the RFI was resolved quickly. Funny to see the look on some of the people when I actually showed up to remediate their issue and walked out with it being solved in less than five minutes. We were aggressive in tracking the complaints and documenting them, and we solved all of them, less than 80 total.

Monte Passmore at Salem is a great engineer. Heíll be able to resolve those RF issues quickly.

As for AM going away, interesting Beasley has applied for all-digital on one of their AM signals. I havenít looked at receiver penetration, yet, for HD Radio, but that should be a fun one to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post

As Archie mentioned in their reply, just look at the years of NIMBY battles Andy went through moving and upgrading KRKO. That was dealing with residents less well-off than Bainbridge Island residents, and this all happened many years ago.

Salem goofed with trying to build 1300 near the Port of Tacoma.
    On your first point, ďless well-offĒ is an interesting assumption considering many of our opponents had beautiful equestrian facilities and large acreage. Their legal expenditures reached or exceeded $1 million. They were $700,000 in when I spoke with their treasurer and challenged them with the IRS.

And, youíre right that it was a mistake to move to the Port of Tacoma after having had the example of KJR in the Duwamish. Iíve always been curious why Hammat and Edison took you to the 850 site instead of diplexing on Vashon as they finally did. Did Salem want too much at the time? Or was it about having total control? The KHHO site didnít get good coverage north at all.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345