• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where is KNLY?

Mrtejano

Star Participant
I haven’t been able to pick up the station by my neighborhood. Radio locator says they’re currently offline. They’re very active on their Facebook page and their website is up and streaming.

How does transmitter equipment get moved without authorization? Did someone break in and steal it? Or did their engineer borrow it for another station without telling anyone?

How does transmitter equipment get moved without authorization? Did someone break in and steal it? Or did their engineer borrow it for another station without telling anyone?

Could be a repo or a squabble between owners...

Today I’m listening to K Love on 91.1 FM, battling it would NGEN.

NGEN on 91.1 would be KYBJ in Lake Jackson.

Are you sure it was K-Love that you heard? They have no stations on 91.1 in this part of the country--in fact the closest K-Love 91.1 that I could find (during a quick search of their station list) is in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico (of course I won't rule out E-Skip...)

There have been a few rare instances where stations have bought equipment on payments from engineers and then not made payments so the engineer take back the stuff. I have even heard of a station or two not signing a deal on a tower lease but telling an engineer to install everything. Once the tower company found out they ordered the equipment removed. Remember there are usually several customers on a leased tower so an engineer might have worked for one or two of the customers at some point.

Thanks Bill, Sounds like Stupid Human Financial Tricks re-visited. And to LDM, if ya like the argumentative term Squabble, please consider the equally cringe-worthy terms of Kerfuffle, Brouhaha, Fracas, Donnybrook, or Hubbub.

Are you sure it was K-Love that you heard? They have no stations on 91.1 in this part of the country--in fact the closest K-Love 91.1 that I could find (during a quick search of their station list) is in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico (of course I won't rule out E-Skip...)

Yes KLOVE I heard the ID .

Last night I heard Radio Libertad, the same Radio Libertad from South Texas on 91.1 FM.

Might had been tropo, I did noticed KNLY applied again on 7/18:/2018.

Isn't there one in La?

Isn't there one in La?

Hey CW, how ya been? There is indeed a 91.1 in Louisiana: WNKV, owned by EMF, parent of course of K-Love, but running their lesser-known third format of Spanish Christian Music (Radio Nueva Visa). Looks like the tower is in beautiful Bayou Gauche* south of New Orleans.

*Not what you think it means: Gauche is French for Left, as in the left-hand bayou.

EMF, parent of course of K-Love, but running their lesser-known third format of Spanish Christian Music (Radio Nueva Visa).

Most of the Radio Nueva Vida stations are in California, but it appears they are slowly expanding nationwide, perhaps in areas where EMF already has K-Love and Air1 outlets.

Perhaps a future owner/format for KROI?

Radio Nueva Vida is not owned by EMF Broadcasting. The Association for Community Education, Inc. out of Camarillo, Ca. is the owner, but the audio is distributed on EMF's satellite uplink. You will typically find RNV programming on EMF owned stations if there is already a K-Love and Air1 signal in the market. RNV runs a combined legal ID for all their stations at the top of the hour - it takes a few seconds to get through all the call signs.

KROI is not changing anytime soon. Terri (PD at Urban One) says they plan to give the Now format at least three years to catch on.
Follows their pattern of giving the last three formats about ~3 years of life.

Let's stop kidding ourselves. They're not going to take any more audience from KRBE. UrbanOne has tried just about everything at this point (Regional Mexican, News, Top-40, Gospel, Old School Hip-Hop). I can't think of what else they could try. Rock? Pure Classic Hits? Talk? Sports?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom