• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KPPC-LP has a very strong signal

Does anyone know what will happen with regards to KPPC's move to 105.9? SARadioWorks filed against it, some complaining about their 105.9 translator which doesn't even really reach KPPC's new location. So the app KPPC filed is being held up. It really would suck if the FCC dismisses KPPC after waiting this long just to disappoint Alamo Methodist.

It's just funny to see the Easy Listening station whine about the church-run Oldies station.

http://call1310.com/
http://www.kppcsa.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
To clear the air about KPPC-LP KPPC never moved to it's new site due fire hazard or issues on the building. KWYU FM co channel applied to move their transmitter several miles closer to the KPPC transmitter. The FCC requires an LPFM be 78 km away from a co channel C3 so KPPC moved to get further away from them as an attempt to avoid interference. It is rumored that KXTJ was running more power than authorized with a 2 bay antenna as they would interfere with KPPC at I 35 and Rittiman 25 km away from KXTJ, however, only 6 km away from KPPC. KPPC gets interference due weather ducting from KXBJ and occasional interference from KWYU. This is the reason KPPC applied to relocate further away from everybody hoping to co exist with the other operators. KPPC ERP is 28 watts and there is no funny business going on there.

To clear the air about KPPC-LP KPPC never moved to it's new site due fire hazard or issues on the building. KWYU FM co channel applied to move their transmitter several miles closer to the KPPC transmitter. The FCC requires an LPFM be 78 km away from a co channel C3 so KPPC moved to get further away from them as an attempt to avoid interference. It is rumored that KXTJ was running more power than authorized with a 2 bay antenna as they would interfere with KPPC at I 35 and Rittiman 25 km away from KXTJ, however, only 6 km away from KPPC. KPPC gets interference due weather ducting from KXBJ and occasional interference from KWYU. This is the reason KPPC applied to relocate further away from everybody hoping to co exist with the other operators. KPPC ERP is 28 watts and there is no funny business going on there.

Listening to 96.9 from the Wonderland Mall parking lot, is pure KXBJ out of Victoria. I couldn't receive KXTJ-LP clearly until I got to Fredericksburg and Donore Dr and this is before and after the upgrades.

In a car, yes. But on a smartphone FM radio or a Sony Ericson W518 flip phone FM radio, no dice.

To clear the air about KPPC-LP KPPC never moved to it's new site due fire hazard or issues on the building.

So where is the antenna located now? Is it on the tower owned by Branch Towers, LLC or another place? I saw on FCCInfo the tower owner and address in Wincrest TX on the 96-9 license. It looks as though if KPPC is allowed to move to 105.9, it is on another tower but FCCInfo doesn't show the new tower owner.
It looks like the 105.9 translator is more concerned about interference than KPPC is, KPPC never filed a complaint against KWYU or KXTJ.

So where is the antenna located now? Is it on the tower owned by Branch Towers, LLC or another place? I saw on FCCInfo the tower owner and address in Wincrest TX on the 96-9 license. It looks as though if KPPC is allowed to move to 105.9, it is on another tower but FCCInfo doesn't show the new tower owner.
It looks like the 105.9 translator is more concerned about interference than KPPC is, KPPC never filed a complaint against KWYU or KXTJ.

KPPC is at the Windcrest tower. The interference from KXBJ & KWYU is due to atmosphere weather conditions. KXTJ was operating with a 2 bay antenna which can double their power and not a 1 bay as licensed by the FCC so who knows there.

It is rumored that KXTJ was running more power than authorized with a 2 bay antenna as they would interfere with KPPC at I 35 and Rittiman 25 km away from KXTJ, however, only 6 km away from KPPC.
LOL I think it was you who posted about KXTJ with more power.
KXTJ must revert to the original antenna height, power as specified on their current license and not operate with the current setup on the 100ft tower. KXTJ never filed for a license of the permit that expired
they have been operating at the cp height and power for many months and will need now to reduce to the currently licensed height and power. they are currently illegal
Hopefully, when KXTJ gets back on the air they operate at specified height and power, or re-open their CP.

KPPC ERP is 28 watts and there is no funny business going on there.
I'm not kidding I was in KXTJ's side of town hearing KPPC fighting with KWYU. Can 28 watts travel like that across town? I'm currently near 281/Bitters and KPPC dominates here even when KXTJ was on the air.

I'd like it if someone not connected with either station checks into them both and posts here. I have a feeling the LPFMs were fighting a war with higher power than authorized on both sides. I guess God is reading these forums and saw your posts, Buzz, maybe that's why he struck down KXTJ LOL

Several months back when KPPC moved we brought in a local consulting contract engineer to verify the KPPC signal at 1 km away and assure proper operation. KPPC was operating as licensed. Used in the test was a Potomac FIM-71 FM field strength meter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom