Sound problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound problem

Have you attempted to contact the station at all? Not likely they read message boards.

I thought the people who might know what's wrong would be those who did read this. But I could try the station.

Quote Originally Posted by vchimpanzee View Post
    I thought the people who might know what's wrong would be those who did read this. But I could try the station.
    Other posters have addressed it. It sounds like you're only hearing one channel from a stereo record. That could be a problem at the station, or a problem with your radio. Try listening on another radio. If you hear the same thing, contact the station.

In the early days of stereo recording, engineers would put things in only one channel. That changed at the end of the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Other posters have addressed it. It sounds like you're only hearing one channel from a stereo record. That could be a problem at the station, or a problem with your radio. Try listening on another radio. If you hear the same thing, contact the station.

In the early days of stereo recording, engineers would put things in only one channel. That changed at the end of the 60s.
    It's not a radio. It's iHeartRadio, which is a web site. Also, this happens so rarely I wouldn't be likely to … well, I suppose as soon as I noticed it I could try the computer. Right now the sound is coming from a TV.

iHeartRadio went out and I had to turn it back on. One thing I suspected was they might have taken it down to check on the problem but it came right back when I used the TV remote.
    Last edited by vchimpanzee; 10-26-2018 at 02:03 PM.

I got a response from the radio station. We'll see what happens.

I had nothing to give the person but he said he'd investigate if it happened again. One of the songs sounded normal just before I responded to his questions.

Do you want to know a secret? The vocals to a certain Beatles song. It was an instrumental except for ooo-waaa-ooo and other nonsense sounds.

Yes, I contacted the station again.

"Westwood One is on the case."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12