KYW's traffic report punctuality

Thread: KYW's traffic report punctuality

KYW's traffic report punctuality

KYW isn't known for punctuality for "traffic and transit on the 2's" during AM drive.

But has anyone else noticed that Sam Clover actually comes on at 6:52 am (as advertised!), making us wait for Rewind, after doing his previous report at 6:44 (two minutes late)? Somebody in Spring Garden must have said something...

ixnay

Cant say I ever got that concerned that I paid attention to whether the traffic began at :x2 or :x3 or :x4.

They have never EVER reported a traffic jam that I was sitting in. Always makes me wonder if the traffic jams they were reporting had already cleared up.

They're probably pre-recorded. Once when I visited HOT 93.7 the hip-hop station in Hartford they taped all the phone calls and traffic reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    They have never EVER reported a traffic jam that I was sitting in. Always makes me wonder if the traffic jams they were reporting had already cleared up.
    Interesting---I HAVE heard many, many times the traffic jams I'm in reported.

They may have gotten better. I sold my car back in 2013. I live and work in the city and realized that keeping the car was an unnecessary expense. I quickly realized that all those studies were right: I was only hearing terrestrial radio in my car!