• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Part 15 AM "Coverage" Expectations

A great number of possibilities exist for the equipment configuration and performance of a radio transmitting system.

Even when the transmitter power, frequency, and modulation values are the same in each case, these systems can produce widely varying coverage depending on the numerous (and mostly unknown) variables present in their installation, adjustment, propagation environment, receive equipment, and interference.

Below is an analysis of one AM transmit system based on its compliance with FCC §15.219 while producing about the maximum fields that can be expected from an optimized system approaching "the state of the art" -- for the conditions shown in the graphic.

Hopefully it will be useful to new and even experienced Part 15 operators wanting to read a little more about such systems.

GW_F.I._vs_H-_Distance_from_Part_15_AM_Xmit_System.jpg

Take #2

The graphic page in my opening post did not display some of the minor axes of the horizontal and vertical scales.

Below is one showing all of them.

GW_F.I._vs_H-_Distance_from_Part_15_AM_Xmt_System.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom