• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Congrats to KISW! They're #1 in May...

...at least according to the numbers Bob uses to analyze Seattle radio: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb039

Other headlines:

>B&J are the morning leaders but the station drops to 10th at 10AM
>KIRO-FM leads Middays (I guess Dori Monson is still popular)
>It's still the Wolf beating New Country (but hey, that stellar morning show has only been here for...how long now, A?)
>And KKNW still has a 0.0.

Discuss!

...at least according to the numbers Bob uses to analyze Seattle radio: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb039

Other headlines:

>B&J are the morning leaders but the station drops to 10th at 10AM
>KIRO-FM leads Middays (I guess Dori Monson is still popular)
>It's still the Wolf beating New Country (but hey, that stellar morning show has only been here for...how long now, A?)
>And KKNW still has a 0.0.

Discuss!

I knew KISW's hiring of Diane Rehm and Kshama Sawant interviews would do the trick in beating KUOW. The librarians are in retreat. But the front line is still watching the horizon....

Oh the humanity, watching KIRO-AM beat two KJR-AMs.like this: 4.1 to 0.6 (KJR-AM) and 0.4 (KFNQ) respectively. Somebody get some ice packs, some towels and a doctor. Quick.

If KIRO REALLY wants to deliver the knockout blow, move the sports to the KTTH 94.5 translator. There's no point in conservative talk in stereo when everything only comes out of the right channel anyway. Plus with KJR-AM's current numbers, it's going to be hard for iHeart to make the jump to sports on FM (it doesn't mean they can't try), but they lose a potential outlet for the next big pop music trend (whenever that comes around.)

As for KKNW, as long as the money from the brokered programs keeps coming in and the 1150 kHz power bill and payroll are made, I don't think Hubbard really cares what ratings they are. I wouldn't. Breaking even is about the best you can do on on a third tier AM signal anymore.

KISW first appeared at #1 in 1981 - the first ever Seattle FM to do so. They've been back at #1 a few times in the decades since (especially in the more recent past.)

It was a big deal in 1981 when KISW hit #1 for the first time. The Seattle Times wrote about it and one of the local TV stations did a piece on the station. You couldn't go anywhere without hearing Van Halen or AC/DC blasting from somewhere.
Langan & West with the "Leave it to Beaver" segments, Electric Lunch with Dr. Rock, Crow & Hovanes from the Thai Stick Lounge, and Steve Slaton blowing up disco records.....for me, radio at its best.

6a-10a John Langan & Mike West
10a-2p Dr. Rock (Jeff McIntosh)
2p-6p Gary Crow & Bob Hovanes
6p-10p Steve Slaton
10p-2a Jessie Brandon
2a-6a John Napier

It was a big deal in 1981 when KISW hit #1 for the first time. The Seattle Times wrote about it and one of the local TV stations did a piece on the station. You couldn't go anywhere without hearing Van Halen or AC/DC blasting from somewhere.
Langan & West with the "Leave it to Beaver" segments, Electric Lunch with Dr. Rock, Crow & Hovanes from the Thai Stick Lounge, and Steve Slaton blowing up disco records.....for me, radio at its best.

6a-10a John Langan & Mike West
10a-2p Dr. Rock (Jeff McIntosh)
2p-6p Gary Crow & Bob Hovanes
6p-10p Steve Slaton
10p-2a Jessie Brandon
2a-6a John Napier

Damn right. I completely forgot about the Thai Stick Lounge... Still love the Leave it To Beaver (YouTube em..) Still listen to Slaton even though I'm in the Midwest..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom