• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMIV-LP Moved

Ai4i

Star Participant
Does anyone know what happened?
Shake 108 on 107.9 became Shake 94 on 94.3
and moved three miles west with a much lower antenna.

Does anyone know what happened?
Shake 108 on 107.9 became Shake 94 on 94.3
and moved three miles west with a much lower antenna.

Are they legally allowed to setup shop on a new frequency from a new location before the construction permit is even granted? Is there some loophole I'm not familiar with?

These guys have been dinged by the FCC in the past for operating the station from an unauthorized location. I don't know if they ended up getting fined but they did get a shutdown order from the Commission. Wonder if that will be taken into account while the FCC considers this application.

Let's hope they're not dumb enough to do that again! If so, perhaps they should be caught and perhaps lose their license.

That's right and I know a station that did just that (open up shop at the spot they applied for but hadn't received a Construction Permit). Federal Marshals paid them a visit and convinced this to pull the plug. I hear they are a very persuasive bunch.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom