May Radio Ratings - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May Radio Ratings

Stagg - I'm afraid you're focusing on the wrong 'BBM.

It's BBM-FM (B96) whose numbers caught my eye.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by staggmovie View Post
    I don't know where you figured out, but their AM station is slipping through not a lot, February 18th they had a 5.3 rating and May 18th siting at a 4.9 rating. Through which rating would you rather have. But if anybody wants a more detailed report, check out Robert Seder's report, as he reports the ratings for the top ten shows or stations for morning drive, mid day, and afternoon drive.
    Statistically, a 5.3 and a 4.9 are the same number.

In any case, the May 12+ was 5.1, the April was a 5.0 and for the 6 books prior, the range was 4.6 to a 5.3. That's a mean of 5.0 with only a +/- 0.4 variation, which is indicative of a very stable radio station.

In the business, it's called "wobble" when numbers go up and down a little due to the nature of statistics and not the size of the audience.

In addition, as cyberdad posted, newsers are subject to the news cycle. Some books will just reflect more news activity, including weather.

WBBM (AM) is total line reported along with WCFS and WCFS HD. The numbers even subscribers get do not break WCFS away from the AM numbers.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post

Clarification for Stagg: WBBM-FM is a music CHR, and has no programming crossover with WBBM (AM).
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post

Looks like they got "kissed!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12