Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: May 2018
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: May 2018

Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: May 2018

They May 2018 ratings, April 26 - May 23
    https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb007

https://www.allaccess.com/nielsen#9

. Any thoughts? The June numbers (May 24 - June 20) will be released on 7/10/2018
    Julius May, Philadelphia PA.

I guess if I were forced to have thoughts, I'd wonder if Beasley, iHeart, or Entercom have any formats they're excited about that might eventually show up in place of BEN-FM, Real 106.1, or TDY. Of the three, I feel like TDY is most vulnerable since BEN and Real are easier to package with sister-stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    I guess if I were forced to have thoughts, I'd wonder if Beasley, iHeart, or Entercom have any formats they're excited about that might eventually show up in place of BEN-FM, Real 106.1, or TDY. Of the three, I feel like TDY is most vulnerable since BEN and Real are easier to package with sister-stations.
    I've wondered if XTU's billing is good enough to go after in Philly. Have iHeart Launch Big 106.1 or something like that, and clear the Bobby Bones show in the market. Again, it all matters if the $$ could be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by atthestars View Post
    I've wondered if XTU's billing is good enough to go after in Philly. Have iHeart Launch Big 106.1 or something like that, and clear the Bobby Bones show in the market. Again, it all matters if the $$ could be worth it.
    I'm sure it's been discussed, especially after this past Saturday's Chesney concert at Lincoln Financial. Huge coup to have the Super Bowl trophy and the team show up. More people there than the WH.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atthestars View Post
    XTU is about 5th in market billings, and about 35% behind WBEB.

There are around $14 million country dollars in the market, based on a station being just inside the top 10 in 25-54 on average (in Jan-Feb-Mar averaged they were 12th in that demo).

If there were two stations, it is likely that the billing would be split, and neither station would be in even the top 15 in the sales demos; that would mean that the country revenue would decline, and there might be $10 to $12 million split between two stations. And then there is the considerable revenue loss that accompanies a major format shift where few, if any, advertisers would carry over.

The only iHeart station that is so revenue challenged that billing $5 or $6 million a year would be a gain would be low-billing WRFF.

Clearing Bobby Bones is not an automatic revenue source; music based morning shows are sold based on delivery, not clearances.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Clearing Bobby Bones is not an automatic revenue source; music based morning shows are sold based on delivery, not clearances.
    I noticed that iHeart added Bobby Bones on its WDSD in nearby Wilmington DE a few months ago:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...nes-show-for-m

That might qualify as a market clear for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

XTU is about 5th in market billings, and about 35% behind WBEB.

There are around $14 million country dollars in the market, based on a station being just inside the top 10 in 25-54 on average (in Jan-Feb-Mar averaged they were 12th in that demo).

If there were two stations, it is likely that the billing would be split, and neither station would be in even the top 15 in the sales demos; that would mean that the country revenue would decline, and there might be $10 to $12 million split between two stations. And then there is the considerable revenue loss that accompanies a major format shift where few, if any, advertisers would carry over.

The only iHeart station that is so revenue challenged that billing $5 or $6 million a year would be a gain would be low-billing WRFF.

XTU seems to be in a sweet spot. Makes decent money, but not enough for someone to attack it!

I just realized that I didn't even mention the biggest thought: WRFF is in really bad shape right now. They can't sell it with good numbers and now the numbers are really in the tank. They're likely more vulnerable than all of the stations I mentioned previously.

Now you’re just going to wake up someone who doesn’t want to hear that.

WRFF is in really bad shape right now. They can't sell it with good numbers and now the numbers are really in the tank. They're likely more vulnerable than all of the stations I mentioned previously.
    A lot of stations would love their numbers. They serve a purpose in the iHeart cluster. The company just launched a new podcast, and they'll use their alternative stations to drive audience to it.

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bi...line_id=n35588

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast