• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jaime Dupree is back - wow!

Not only is this pretty amazing, but Cox should be commended for:

1) sticking by an employee, despite the odds
2) working for a way to get him back on the air and
3) keeping a correspondent for their stations in DC (No one does that anymore.)

http://jamiedupree.blog.wsbradio.com/2018/06/11/with-my-voice-still-gone-time-for-jamie-dupree-2-0/

(Not to mention that he's probably one of the best reporters in Washington.)

If there were a like button on your post, I would click on it. Very well said.

There is nobody better in Washington than Jamie. End of story. I have had my own issues and concerns with Cox over the years but standing behind Jamie 100% (as far as anyone knows anyway) is the biggest, classiest thing I've ever seen the company do for anyone. Honestly it would have been fine if his mechanical on-air voice sounded a bit like Stephen Hawking. Hell, Clear Channel was testing the automated news reader voices for a while. Any of that would have been acceptable given the circumstances.

But what they came up with does indeed kind of sound like Jamie, more or less. And the words he writes so well are all his. This is a great thing.

This is not a WSB first. There's a shortwave broadcaster who has been using text-to-speech software for their overnight newscasts, when they are totally automaied, for about a year. It sounds a little spooky especially in the middle of the night.
But, yes, they are hanging in there with him, probably until his contract runs out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom