Music on KKGO-FM HD-4
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Music on KKGO-FM HD-4

Music on KKGO-FM HD-4

LITE FM LA

Luther Vandross
    Diana Ross
    Christopher Cross

just alot in and out but should get over time...slogan say lightfm is back on KKGO HD4

So I guess this is what we were all talking about six weeks ago:

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/sho...Lite-FM-Coming

IIRC most folks theorized it was going to be some kind of service of KKGO. I guess we didn't expect it to be HD-4. I wasn't aware stations could do HD-4.

Stations used to have their main FM signal and an HD-2 channel for older formats. Now it seems some station have both an HD-2 and HD-3 Channel alongside the main FM signal.
    An HD-4 could be a move for HD to expand itself and grow, perhaps one of the pros could chime in here?

You can have up to eight "stations" squeezed onto one frequency. Four is the most I've ever seen any station do.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSFGuy View Post
    Stations used to have their main FM signal and an HD-2 channel for older formats. Now it seems some station have both an HD-2 and HD-3 Channel alongside the main FM signal.
    An HD-4 could be a move for HD to expand itself and grow, perhaps one of the pros could chime in here?
    It's all about the quality. HD has a finite bandwidth, and it can be all given to the analog signal's content, or divided into 2, 3, 4 or more chunks. Each piece can be assigned a certain percentage of the bandwidth. And pieces can also be used for data, such as real time traffic reports. If you divide it too much, some of the pieces start sounding like an AM station....
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Stream + website?

Quote Originally Posted by erwin33 View Post
    Stream + website?
    They registered a site, but it's not active:

http://www.litefmla.com/

Listened to Lite FM on 105.1 HD 4 today. They are promoting the website "litefmla.com," but it does not seem to be online.

Audio quality is meh.

LEVINE/SCHWAB PARTNERSHIP have filed for an FM translator in San Fernando on 105.5. Looks like it will carry AM1500 when it goes on the air.

Had hoped it would it would carry KSUR which is listenable due to co-channel interference in most of the valley.

105.5 most likely will not be much better.

Too bad 94.3 is gone, once was KGIL-FM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast