New Format at KRKO - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Format at KRKO

I was listening to an AM music station running HD a couple of years back and it sounded great during the day. At night with the skywave it got a little iffy. (whadaya want from a graveyard frequency?) When it couldn't decode, it fell back to analog, which was the jumbled mess of 5 stations 75 miles apart. I would expect all digital to behave the same way.

I remember when that AM stereo light would pop on in the old car and you'd get this nice, wide open sound. Too bad that in my town, the station that played music picked Kahn and our car had C-Quam, so the only music we ever heard in AM stereo came DX-ing at night.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Here's some additional background on the format change and the future of the "Fish."

https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/eve...s-only-format/

All digital will only decode one at a time, no jumble... just like digital FM.

I haven't pressed the 'AM' button on my radio in a very long time, but maybe I should give the new KRKO a try late at night. See how decent the playlist is, and if any interesting songs stick out. I hope they get a lot of listeners nevertheless!
    757 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1100 WTAM Cleveland, OH; 2/9/18

Quote Originally Posted by notalent View Post
    All digital will only decode one at a time, no jumble... just like digital FM.
    No, in the absence of an analog signal to fall back to, you go to silence if it errors out.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456