New Format at KRKO - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Format at KRKO

We see more and more AM stations that had been doing an AM-style format (Talk, Sports, Standards) flipping to a more FM-style format when an FM translator is involved.

Often that also means the AM station is only mentioned for the legal I.D. The station starts identifying itself only as an FM station, such as "Rock 104" or "B 94.3."

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg. View Post
    We see more and more AM stations that had been doing an AM-style format (Talk, Sports, Standards) flipping to a more FM-style format when an FM translator is involved.

Often that also means the AM station is only mentioned for the legal I.D. The station starts identifying itself only as an FM station, such as "Rock 104" or "B 94.3."
    With FM as congested and noisy as it's becoming out here, AM itself may have new life yet at this rate....
    I do not have ducks.
    I do not have a row.
    I have squirrels and they're at a rave.

Found it interesting that when sampling both translators (while passing through Everett), I got the programming audio ... but the station identified on RDS as their Canadian signal counterparts (CFMI, etc.).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123