• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What Boston Stations are broadcasting on all HD-1 and HD-2 and HD-3 and HD-4 ?...

a) What Boston radio Stations are broadcasting on all four HD-1 and HD-2 and HD-3 and HD-4 ?...

b) Or what Boston radio Stations are broadcasting on all three HD-1 and HD-2 and HD-3 ?...

Last edited:
There was briefly only one HD4 in Boston about ten years ago. It was 104.1 HD4 running a national New Age talk channel affiliated with CBS first called "Psychic Radio", and then called "Sky Radio".

The bandwidth was so poor on the HD4 that even within a couple of miles line of sight of the Pru, the signal often came in either all broken up or all chopped up. Maybe even both at once. They gave up on it after a few years.

Currently still running HD3's in Boston are only 89.7 WGBH, 103.3 WODS, and 104.1 WWBX.

The bandwidth was so poor on the HD4

I've heard people complain about the quality of "HD-4's"...however, like most things digital, can't space on the individual HD channels be refigured and re-allocated?

(i.e...HD-2 is a talk format....and HD-4 is Classical. Isn't it possible for engineers to allocated less to the HD-2...and more to the HD-4?)

Thanks!

I've heard people complain about the quality of "HD-4's"...however, like most things digital, can't space on the individual HD channels be refigured and re-allocated?

(i.e...HD-2 is a talk format....and HD-4 is Classical. Isn't it possible for engineers to allocated less to the HD-2...and more to the HD-4?)

Thanks!

I don't have an HD Radio, so I don't know how it sounds, but down in Connecticut Full Power Radio is running its BOMBA-FM Spanish CHR Format on 104.1 HD2 and HD4 in Waterbury and on 106.5 HD4 in Pawcatuck (formerly licensed to Ledyard). 106.5 HD4 is being used to feed BOMBA-FM to a 104.5 translator in New London. Why it's on 106.5 HD4 and not 107.7 HD2 is beyond me. Full Power Radio doesn't have any HD subchannels on 107.7 (Bradford, Rhode Island, formerly licensed to Pawcatuck). I also don't know why BOMBA-FM is on both 104.1 HD2 and HD4. HD1 = Modern Rock, HD2/HD 4 = BOMBA-FM, and HD3 is leased to WFAR a Portuguese Station in Danbury. FPR bought a translator in Bridgeport for Bomba that WFAR used to own

Not sure but in theory the translator has to be within a certain contour of the primary station. 107.7 may be too far to feed the translator, even though technically the translator could be fed separately from microwave or internet or some other means.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom