• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HD Radio Question

From the Wikipedia article on HD Radio: "HD Radio supports a service called Artist Experience, in which the transmission of album art, logos and other artwork can be displayed on the radio. Album art and logos are displayed at the station's discretion and require extra equipment...Since 2016, newer HD radios support Bluetooth and EAS alerts, in which the transmission of traffic, weather, AMBER and security alerts can be displayed on the radio. As with Artist Experience, emergency alerts are displayed at the station's discretion and requires extra equipment."
Does anyone know whether any HD radio stations in this area (or the entire country) offer either of these features?
I believe that there are local HD stations that transmit traffic information to some of the more upscale automotive GPS units.

Do only HD radios in vehicles support Artist Experience and emergency alerts? I am not aware of any table or portable HD radios that offer these features.

my Grundig is a portable and supports it and I heard there was an Insignia discontinued small model that supported it, so it was/is not only in car units.

I just recently bought a new Jeep and it does not have HD radio. It has Sirius XM, Android Auto, etc. What cars have HD radio these days?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom