• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Atlanta-based Cumulus Media emerges from bankruptcy

The iHeart app will play 5 minutes of pre-programmed commercials while stepping all over the live programming from the actual station you could be missing. Plus the same commercial will repeat over and over within that 5 minutes. Tune In doesn’t do that.

They'd never be able to complete with IHeartRadio's App- might swell join them and use their huge platform to their advantage.

Cumulus could have had the Iheart deal killed by the bankruptcy court with no penalty to the Cloud Company. I wonder if anybody at Cumulus ever called Entercom/ CBS radio about getting on the Radio.com app? The current deal has to be good for Iheart/CC or they could void it using the bankruptcy court.

It's better to have your content out there than not. If they'd have voided the deal, they'd have had to spend money directing listeners to their new place

Cumulus could have had the Iheart deal killed by the bankruptcy court with no penalty to the Cloud Company.

No one's saying it's a bad deal. Right now it's the only deal they have. They have no digital strategy, and have never really had one.

It's better to have your content out there than not. If they'd have voided the deal, they'd have had to spend money directing listeners to their new place

They could have changed it to a nonexclusive deal like Cox has. Cox stations are on both iHeartRadio and TuneIn.

There could be some temporary loss of listeners until they find the "app". If the folks are interested in a stations content they will find it. Cumulus could insert a station promo about the new steam source every commercial break. Your announcers could work this in a couple of times an hour. They would also have the "listen live" button on their website reset. They could even work into the station ID.

When I was at WIKI when they went from 100.1 to 95.3 We only had both frequencies for a few weeks. Every commercial break had a reminder for the folks to change to 95.3. We only got 3 calls when 100.1 went away. Two of the callers were on vacation and one person was a DXer.

Last edited:
Cumulus' online streaming has always been total garbage.

For many consecutive months, the player on their stations' full version web sites seldom worked properly. I've also noticed glaring differences in audio quality between Cumulus stations on iHeartRadio (the Cumulus stations sound lousy) versus stations from other companies.

Remember the abortion known as Rdio? I have a useless button on my Roku remote control now thanks to the Dickey Brothers! LOL

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom