105.1 history questions

Thread: 105.1 history questions

105.1 history questions

Got a couple questions:
    1. When in 1990 was the Mix moniker introduced?
    2. Before the Big relaunch, how long was the stunt with the ticking clock?

Thanks!

I suggest you check this Wikipedia article that gives the history of the New York City radio stations at 105.1 FM. I think it will answer some of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceNYC View Post
    I suggest you check this Wikipedia article that gives the history of the New York City radio stations at 105.1 FM. I think it will answer some of your questions.
    Asking on here to update said article since the exact questions I asked don't have answers on there, but thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by ksradiogeek View Post
    Asking on here to update said article since the exact questions I asked don't have answers on there, but thanks anyway!
    You could try asking 105.1 alumni Dan Taylor and Jeff Spurgeon.
    Plugged into the electric radio

Betw Hazleton and Pottsville PA ; Allentown closest market
    @ ksradiogeek :

This might help.

http://www.nyradioguide.com/cgi/info.cgi/WWPR-FM

FYI - anyone can update information on the Wikipedia on any article. Anyone reading this thread can update the article on 105.1 FM in NYC.

I suspect that is what the original poster is doing.

David Gleason has a remarkable website with so many broadcasting publications available from past years. Broadcasting Yearbook going back to 1935, plus plenty of other sources, if you're willing to look for what you want.

http://americanradiohistory.com/

Wasn't there a female jock with a British accent' (fake or not), afternoons when they were da buzz, forgot her name. They really sounded good as da buzz, wish that lasted...

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg. View Post
    I suspect that is what the original poster is doing.

David Gleason has a remarkable website with so many broadcasting publications available from past years. Broadcasting Yearbook going back to 1935, plus plenty of other sources, if you're willing to look for what you want.

http://americanradiohistory.com/
    Thanks for the mention!
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

I don't know her last name but their on air name was John and Abby. John Mulrooney.