Radio Disney Apparently Gone From NYC Airwaves - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Radio Disney Apparently Gone From NYC Airwaves

Maybe they're planning the wind down the entire network. I noticed the Radio Disney Music Awards have been renamed to simply "RDMA".

Quote Originally Posted by kevtronics View Post
    Maybe they're planning the wind down the entire network. I noticed the Radio Disney Music Awards have been renamed to simply "RDMA".
    Well, getting "radio" out of the picture by turning it into one letter of an abbreviation makes sense, since radio in the traditional sense is out of the picture, and only pay radio (SiriusXM) and internet distribution remain. But if corporate believes that a combination of streaming and satellite has a bigger upside than what we know as radio, and that using the word "radio" in branding might give the network an old-fashioned, outdated image, keeping the network going as "RD" or some other name that doesn't include the fuddy-duddy R-word would be logical.

In the world of social media and texting, everything has become abbreviated. LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc. Gen X grew up with TRL. Gen Z likes RD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    In the world of social media and texting, everything has become abbreviated. LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc. Gen X grew up with TRL. Gen Z likes RD.
    Come to think of it, MLB as an abbreviation for Major League Baseball is a very recent coinage. Actually, until about a decade or so ago, you hardly ever saw "major league baseball" capitalized. It was just a generic term for the top level of the sport, played in the American League and National League. Myself, I only say "MLB" when I talk about the cable channel, and Sirius XM's promos of "Every MLB game is on Sirius XM" still don't sound right to me. But then, I am neither X, Y or Z; I'm a dinosaur.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234