94.7 the wave sounds great.

Thread: 94.7 the wave sounds great.

94.7 the wave sounds great.

Really enjoyed listening to the Wave on my way to work today.

They are so different than kost.
    I'll keep listening to the soul of southern California
    Recommended. The Sunday brunch
    On ktwv. It's a breath of fresh air. Keep doing what they are doing.

What decades of music are they playing? Has anything interesting shown up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFGuy View Post
    What decades of music are they playing? Has anything interesting shown up yet?
    They have artist on their playlist I have never heard of until now. They play heavy 80's 90's and currents. Janet Jackson's No sleep is a good song out right now.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 34james View Post
    They have artist on their playlist I have never heard of until now. They play heavy 80's 90's and currents. Janet Jackson's No sleep is a good song out right now.
    40% of spins are 2000-present.

Currents and recurrents account for about 15% of spins.

After that, it's about 55% 1975 to 1995.

They have a library of around 350 songs, and the fastest spinning currents only play 22 times a week.

BDS classifies them as "Adult R&B". KTWV averages about 2:15 weekly hours of TSL, just a few minutes more than what KOST gets but at least 40% less than the high TSL KJLH has.

"No Sleeep" is likely considered a recurrent, and plays 4 to 5 times a week.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.