• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLS Cut Ties With Dick Biondi

It has been reported that Dick Biondi was let go from WLS FM. His bio and pictures have all been removed from the station’s website.

It would of been nice had the station gave a farewell broadcast to this icon DJ.

Some of us didn't see it happen, even through he has been out of April of last year due to health problems, that I don't know if he will ever get to do radio again anywhere in Chicago.

I'm no fan of Cumulus management but Dick Biondi has been ill for over a year. Personally I wish Dick well and hope he returns to good health.

I'm no fan of Cumulus management but Dick Biondi has been ill for over a year. Personally I wish Dick well and hope he returns to good health.

Good point. I have absolutely no way of knowing one way or another, but If it turns out that Cumulus has been helping Dick out with insurance, disability, or other benefits, then it's tough to portray them as being the heartless bad guys.

Good point. I have absolutely no way of knowing one way or another, but If it turns out that Cumulus has been helping Dick out with insurance, disability, or other benefits, then it's tough to portray them as being the heartless bad guys.

Could be, or they cut tired of waiting to see if his health would improve for him to return to work on weekends, and yes I do realize he is not a young man anymore. He among some other people that worked in Chicago, maybe not born or raised in Chicago like Harry Caray and Carl Kassell.

Could also be that Dick Biondi told them "Look, I'm not getting any better and I probably won't be coming back." Just let me go and don't make a big deal about it." Until he speaks up, no one is really going to know what transpired.

Could also be that Dick Biondi told them "Look, I'm not getting any better and I probably won't be coming back." Just let me go and don't make a big deal about it." Until he speaks up, no one is really going to know what transpired.

That could be as well, but in less Dicki Bondi, the owners of WLS, or WLS themselves decides to make a mention whose idea was it to cut ties, it really is hard to say. This really came out of nowhere less week, in less you were on the fans that gave up hope on his return.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom