WLS Cut Ties With Dick Biondi
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: WLS Cut Ties With Dick Biondi

  1. #1

    WLS Cut Ties With Dick Biondi

    It has been reported that Dick Biondi was let go from WLS FM. His bio and pictures have all been removed from the stationís website.

    It would of been nice had the station gave a farewell broadcast to this icon DJ.

  2. #2
    No surprise....he's been gone for over a year. Obviously has some health problems:

    https://radioink.com/2017/05/30/will...biondi-return/

    According to this he's been gone since April of last year.

  3. #3
    Some of us didn't see it happen, even through he has been out of April of last year due to health problems, that I don't know if he will ever get to do radio again anywhere in Chicago.

  4. #4
    Wow! Dick Biondi's employers have thrown him under the bus!

  5. #5
    I'm no fan of Cumulus management but Dick Biondi has been ill for over a year. Personally I wish Dick well and hope he returns to good health.

  6. #6
    cyberdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by radioman148 View Post
    I'm no fan of Cumulus management but Dick Biondi has been ill for over a year. Personally I wish Dick well and hope he returns to good health.
    Good point. I have absolutely no way of knowing one way or another, but If it turns out that Cumulus has been helping Dick out with insurance, disability, or other benefits, then it's tough to portray them as being the heartless bad guys.
    Owner of a radio receiver

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdad View Post
    Good point. I have absolutely no way of knowing one way or another, but If it turns out that Cumulus has been helping Dick out with insurance, disability, or other benefits, then it's tough to portray them as being the heartless bad guys.
    Could be, or they cut tired of waiting to see if his health would improve for him to return to work on weekends, and yes I do realize he is not a young man anymore. He among some other people that worked in Chicago, maybe not born or raised in Chicago like Harry Caray and Carl Kassell.

  8. #8
    Could also be that Dick Biondi told them "Look, I'm not getting any better and I probably won't be coming back." Just let me go and don't make a big deal about it." Until he speaks up, no one is really going to know what transpired.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabadabado1 View Post
    Could also be that Dick Biondi told them "Look, I'm not getting any better and I probably won't be coming back." Just let me go and don't make a big deal about it." Until he speaks up, no one is really going to know what transpired.
    That could be as well, but in less Dicki Bondi, the owners of WLS, or WLS themselves decides to make a mention whose idea was it to cut ties, it really is hard to say. This really came out of nowhere less week, in less you were on the fans that gave up hope on his return.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us