• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anyone notice KLAK has a bad signal?

I live in the Sherman/Denison area so KLAK should not be a problem to pick up here but last night i heard a very weak signal on it! I know KLAK is a Dallas rimshot so people might not of noticed anything in Dallas, but the signal was so bad that even KMVK 107.5 was getting a better signal and Sherman/Denison isn't even in their coverage! Anyone know whats going on with KLAK?

I live in the Sherman/Denison area so KLAK should not be a problem to pick up here but last night i heard a very weak signal on it! I know KLAK is a Dallas rimshot so people might not of noticed anything in Dallas, but the signal was so bad that even KMVK 107.5 was getting a better signal and Sherman/Denison isn't even in their coverage! Anyone know whats going on with KLAK?

The first guess is that they were on their auxiliary transmitter; smaller market stations often have a lower power auxiliary as a cost saving move. If the problem persists, why not ask them?

The audio on it is clear, at least. Other stations have their audio distorted.

The first guess is that they were on their auxiliary transmitter; smaller market stations often have a lower power auxiliary as a cost saving move. If the problem persists, why not ask them?

I just asked them whats going on because i am still getting a weak signal on it. I was getting KLAK at a ok signal earlier and was able to get the RDS but now its a weak signal again tonight so i wonder if they may be having technical problems.

KLAK must really be having problems or i must be getting DX because right now i am hearing KWTX-FM 97.5 from Waco here in Sherman/Denison! I can hear it but there is static in the background. KLAK has never been this bad for me signal wise.

EDIT: i just noticed KLAK is now getting a signal with RDS off and on but the audio is silence and if it shuts off then i get KWTX again.

Last edited:
Alpha seems to be having issues with their cluster since KMAD, KMKT, and now KLAK have all had transmitter issues this year so far. Last year was especially rough on the KMAD stick which to me has never regained its former coverage.

I wonder if the previous owners were a bit behind on maintenance?

Unrelated, KFYN's 95.7 FM was off at the same time as KLAK.

Alpha seems to be having issues with their cluster since KMAD, KMKT, and now KLAK have all had transmitter issues this year so far. Last year was especially rough on the KMAD stick which to me has never regained its former coverage.

I wonder if the previous owners were a bit behind on maintenance?

Unrelated, KFYN's 95.7 FM was off at the same time as KLAK.

I just got the email:

"Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, we are having technical/equipment issues at the moment. Our engineers are working on the problem as fast as they can. Thank you for your patience. We will get the station back up & running at 100% soon.

Thank you,

Dave"

I guess they are trying to fix it?

Yeah it seems they are trying to fix it. I didn't hear the 95.7 FM on when I went up there a week or two ago. Maybe 95.7 gave up? I'd ask LibertyNT, I think he has something to do with it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom