Green Tambourine - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Tambourine

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Did oldies stations in SoCal not play it? I thought is was a bubblegum smash hit that was played all over, like "Sugar Sugar."
    K-Earth 101 played it alot, but the song is so good, burnout was not a factor. K-Surf 1260 is probably spinning it now.
    Celebrating 63 Years of Rock & Roll Memories!

Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    K-Earth 101 played it alot, but the song is so good, burnout was not a factor. K-Surf 1260 is probably spinning it now.
    A matter of opinion. Personal taste, but Sugar Sugar, for example, was such a straight-up unapologetic bubblegum song that I kind of had to...well, not like it, exactly, but not dislike it either. But Green Tambourine had a kind of a hippie undercurrent to it that annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    Quite true but then a tambourine is a percussion instrument and is not intended to carry a melody. The song referred to its use by street beggars primarily Hippies in places like San Francisco in the 60's. They'd shake the tambourine and people would toss coins into it.
    Although the song was written in NYC by two veteran Brill Building writers about beggars on Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    Like all of the songs they were playing in the 90's, KRTH burned it to a krispy krisp. It is a below average song that adds color and interest to an oldies station (or a station like KCSN/KSBR), but does not deserve constant rotation on any station; multiple spins become annoying. My 2 cents. Playing it in the context Sky did is just fine. And I bet he won't spin it again this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12