• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

La Mejor now on 92.5

Mediafrog+

Walk of Fame Participant
Looks like La Mejor has a new home on 92.5, replacing the now-moved La Calle. Format appears unchanged, with the familiar liners. Audio sounds fine.

I wonder why they did that? 105.3 sounds more clear than 92.5. Maybe Mr Guevara enjoys his tropical format more than La Mejor. But then again 92.5 FM has more Bass, it has the equalizer better set.

But this might be temporary till they find someone to lease it. There is no mention of 92.5 on La Mejors Facebook profile.

If it's illegal that might be why the other two on 102.5 is causing problem for KMAZ.

They finally updated their Facebook page, their website still shows 102.5 and their App still shows 104.5.

Maybe they'll jump to 87-9 next LOL 87-9 in Fort Worth already plays Spanish music. It's a low power TV station that uses 87-9 instead of 87-7 like other TV stations. Hell if I had the money I'd buy a 1000 watt transmitter and install an antenna in my backyard. I could probably run a pirate for years playing explicit rap and the FCC wouldn't do anything.

Maybe they'll jump to 87-9 next LOL 87-9 in Fort Worth already plays Spanish music. It's a low power TV station that uses 87-9 instead of 87-7 like other TV stations. Hell if I had the money I'd buy a 1000 watt transmitter and install an antenna in my backyard. I could probably run a pirate for years playing explicit rap and the FCC wouldn't do anything.

There is already an analog Channel 6 in Beaumont, and no new analogue licenses are being given.

Pirates are being cracked down on, and dozens have been shut down in recent months as the FCC has made enforcement a priority. Fines are bigger, and they are also coming after owners of property where pirates operate.

I notice that KJOZ 880 is now the originating station for La Mejor on 92.5. Haven’t checked the FM HDs to see who might now be originating La Calle.

Anyone know when KHGF-LP came on the air? Because K223CW is causing a bunch of interference to it. As a matter of fact K223CW shouldn't even reach Northeast Houston, yet there it is fighting it out inside KHGF's 70 dbμ contour.

Anyone know when KHGF-LP came on the air? Because K223CW is causing a bunch of interference to it. As a matter of fact K223CW shouldn't even reach Northeast Houston, yet there it is fighting it out inside KHGF's 70 dbμ contour.

Lpfmdatabase had an April 5 update indicating KHGF-LP was on the air. The same site also had KJJG-LP in the City of South Houston hitting the air in late January, also on 92.5. Recently I was able to hear KJJG near downtown while the 92.5 translator was off the air.

Not surprising the 92.5 translator is causing problems. I can hear it clearly at 290 and the Grand Parkway, around 27 miles from its transmitter site.

I did not want to start another pointless Subject So I just went in and updated this one. La Mejor is now Identifying itself as LA SUPER CALIENTE.!

The super hot one in Spanish.

This evening I noticed the 92.5 signal (K223CW) was much weaker than normal—actually hearing KCOL in the dead spots.

This evening I noticed the 92.5 signal (K223CW) was much weaker than normal—actually hearing KCOL in the dead spots.

It has been like that since Sundays storm, it was actually of air since around 2 P.M. Sunday and was off air for a long time.

La Calle Is back on 92.5 FM

That they are. And the 92.5 signal is a bit stronger than it has been the past week or so.

Bet they’re glad they didn’t delete all the old 92.5 liners after the short-lived move to 105.3. However their website still has 105.3.

What few listeners La Calle has must be thoroughly confused by now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom