• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Web Stream Technical Issue

Robert Bass

Star Participant
Does anyone know what would cause a web stream to skip back about 15 to 30 seconds and replay that same portion of audio? I am having this problem on occasion and can't figure out what the cause is. Basically, it sounds like what would happen if someone presses a repeat button to replay that section of audio.

R

One of my clients has this happen if the streaming service loses the source stream from their encoder.

In their case, it only seems to crop up if you happen to be listening when the source drops.

One of my clients has this happen if the streaming service loses the source stream from their encoder.

In their case, it only seems to crop up if you happen to be listening when the source drops.

Thanks for the info! If this is what's happening to my station, I would rather hear a drop out vs. repeated audio.

R

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom