101.5 Fm - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 101.5 Fm

I haven't heard KHSX on the air in several weeks. Hope law enforcement comes down hard on the "volunteer" who committed outright theft.

Sounds like someone repossessed their property. Maybe there’s more to the story than what was told to the fcc.

It seems they're back on air, I was able to pick up a station playing lots of R&B on 101.5.

Also heard KJLL fighting with KHSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtejano View Post
    It seems they're back on air, I was able to pick up a station playing lots of R&B on 101.5.

Also heard KJLL fighting with KHSX.
    What is KJLL? Radio-locator has it as a LPFM in Hobbs, New Mexico on 107.7.

If KHSX is back on the air, it must have returned on 9/26. Not there when I checked the previous evening. Will check again today when in listening range.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    What is KJLL? Radio-locator has it as a LPFM in Hobbs, New Mexico on 107.7.

If KHSX is back on the air, it must have returned on 9/26. Not there when I checked the previous evening. Will check again today when in listening range.

Should had been KLJJ From Conroe.

No sign of KHSX during a check near downtown yesterday (9/27) evening, just choppy reception of the KHCB translator.

If you hear what sounds like R&B on 101.5 it might be KOER, which has an Urban Gospel format.

KHSX is NOT on the air. As Mediafrog indicates, the KHCB translator comes in much better when KHSX is off (it loses a lot or coverage when KHSX is broadcasting; there are a lot of overlapping areas where neither signal is good). KOER is in Cypress and KLJJ covers the Woodlands and a lot of north Houston. KLJJ's signal is easy to catch on the north side using a car radio since their facility is right on I-45. They are all on 101.5 -- like everything now days, 101.5 is crowded with competing LPFMs and translators.

And there's still an allocation for a full power 101.5 in Crystal Beach/Galveston (unless the FCC deleted that allocation)

Quote Originally Posted by ftballfan View Post
    And there's still an allocation for a full power 101.5 in Crystal Beach/Galveston (unless the FCC deleted that allocation)
    Will be available for purchase at the next auction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12