• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

101.5 Fm

Mrtejano

Star Participant
I am picking up this station playing R&B not very clear but not terribly static either. I have not heard any commercials or IDs.

You might be hearing KHSX-LP, which plays various Urban genres. They do ID every few songs, and I actually heard a DJ the other day (not sure if live or voicetracked.)

Look at the post above you dude.
Ok? I see what you posted it says KHSX is on tunein. You gave the link to the tunein page, and that it’s great that they’re using high quality 256 KBPS. That quality most stations don't offer.

Ok? I see what you posted it says KHSX is on tunein. You gave the link to the tunein page, and that it’s great that they’re using high quality 256 KBPS. That quality most stations don't offer.
Do I really have to point it out for you?

KHSX covers a pretty big area along the east 610 loop, but it is on the same frequency as the KHCB (AM) translator. KHSX has really wiped out a huge amount of KHCB's previously existing signal, and there is also a substantial area where neither one is usable due to overlap. The band is getting really crowded and this is another sad example of FCC licensed interference.

KHSX has gone temporarily off the air. Here is their statement to the FCC.

"DISGRUNTED FORMER VOLUNTEER REMOVED TRANSMITTER AND OTHER EQUIPMENT FROM STUDIO WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. KHSX-LP WAS HOPING TO OBTAIN REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT WITHIN TEN DAYS BUT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL. MANAGEMENT IS STRIVING TO GET BACK ON THE AIR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!"

The stream is down right now.

I haven't heard KHSX on the air in several weeks. Hope law enforcement comes down hard on the "volunteer" who committed outright theft.

Sounds like someone repossessed their property. Maybe there’s more to the story than what was told to the fcc.

It seems they're back on air, I was able to pick up a station playing lots of R&B on 101.5.

Also heard KJLL fighting with KHSX.

It seems they're back on air, I was able to pick up a station playing lots of R&B on 101.5.

Also heard KJLL fighting with KHSX.

What is KJLL? Radio-locator has it as a LPFM in Hobbs, New Mexico on 107.7.

If KHSX is back on the air, it must have returned on 9/26. Not there when I checked the previous evening. Will check again today when in listening range.

What is KJLL? Radio-locator has it as a LPFM in Hobbs, New Mexico on 107.7.

If KHSX is back on the air, it must have returned on 9/26. Not there when I checked the previous evening. Will check again today when in listening range.

Should had been KLJJ From Conroe.

No sign of KHSX during a check near downtown yesterday (9/27) evening, just choppy reception of the KHCB translator.

If you hear what sounds like R&B on 101.5 it might be KOER, which has an Urban Gospel format.

KHSX is NOT on the air. As Mediafrog indicates, the KHCB translator comes in much better when KHSX is off (it loses a lot or coverage when KHSX is broadcasting; there are a lot of overlapping areas where neither signal is good). KOER is in Cypress and KLJJ covers the Woodlands and a lot of north Houston. KLJJ's signal is easy to catch on the north side using a car radio since their facility is right on I-45. They are all on 101.5 -- like everything now days, 101.5 is crowded with competing LPFMs and translators.

And there's still an allocation for a full power 101.5 in Crystal Beach/Galveston (unless the FCC deleted that allocation)

Update: KHSX is back on the air after a six month absence. Signal seems slightly stronger now. Same mix of Urban/R&B.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom