"WWE Smackdown" up for grabs

Thread: "WWE Smackdown" up for grabs

"WWE Smackdown" up for grabs

I heard earlier today that "WWE Smackdown" is up for grabs. I, for one, am in favor of returning the show to My Network TV (hopefully for more than two years)... Who's with me?

I think Fox will buy the Smackdown rights but I don't know if they will put it on MY Network TV as that is an after thought just a TV service.

WWE Smackdown Live was already on MY before it went to cable and SyFy. I don't think it'll work on network TV unless it's on FOX itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I think Fox will buy the Smackdown rights but I don't know if they will put it on MY Network TV as that is an after thought just a TV service.
    If FOX gets it it most likely will go on FOX as even O&O's delay My Network "programming". Here in Minneapolis its on at 9-11 Central time due to news at 7 and syndicated stuff after. And its not even called "My29" anymore...Its "FOX9+" (both KMSP FOX and WFTC "MY" are O&O)

If Fox is buying the TV Rights to WWE, they would want Raw and SmackDown.

If Fox gets WWE rights, it would either go on MNTV or one of their cable properties. No way in heck it's going on the main Fox network - unless their grand scheme is to turn Fox into a sports network on Monday, Thursday and Friday nights.
    "Its music what makes a radio station, and at Live FM, we play the last music around."
    After receiving that copy, I quit the VO industry.

Fox has been interested in WWE content for the last few months, Fox is looking for new content to air, UFC TV rights are expiring soon and ESPN recently just got the rights to UFC once the the current deal end. however Fox has to complete against Facebook and Amazon for the SmackDown rights as both companies want to get streaming WWE content and of course WWE could just move SmackDown over their in house streaming platform WWE Network.

i see starting October 1, 2019, Fox or FS1 could be the new home for SmackDown.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_H_69_9 View Post
    Fox has been interested in WWE content for the last few months, Fox is looking for new content to air, UFC TV rights are expiring soon and ESPN recently just got the rights to UFC once the the current deal end. however Fox has to complete against Facebook and Amazon for the SmackDown rights as both companies want to get streaming WWE content and of course WWE could just move SmackDown over their in house streaming platform WWE Network.

i see starting October 1, 2019, Fox or FS1 could be the new home for SmackDown.
    Raw goes on Fox and SmackDown goes to FS1.

Smackdown returning to broadcast TV on the main Fox 20 years ago that would have never happen plus Fridays has always been Fox's death slot. Gordon Ramey shows will be summer only come 2019 as that is when Smackdown will be on Fox in the fall of 2019.