• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KMCQ 103.3 Now En Espanol

Bongwater

Walk of Fame Participant
Not sure of the flip when, but I'm hearing it now....

La Zeta....

Transaction closed last Friday and Bustos Media began new format on Monday.

Well, that pissed off all the NW WA country listeners. I guess they'll have to settle with KAPS with a weak FM translator and AM signal, or JR-FM! (Which BTW, are there a lot of people in Whatcom and Skagit Counties that listen often to Canadian FMs? I'm sure Z95.3 and Virgin Radio 94.5 are common presets in vehicles driven by people under 30. There's no real CHR based in NW WA.) But I know this is benefiting the 17% of Skagit County that is Hispanic/Latino.

Well, that pissed off all the NW WA country listeners. I guess they'll have to settle with KAPS with a weak FM translator and AM signal, or JR-FM! (Which BTW, are there a lot of people in Whatcom and Skagit Counties that listen often to Canadian FMs? I'm sure Z95.3 and Virgin Radio 94.5 are common presets in vehicles driven by people under 30. There's no real CHR based in NW WA.) But I know this is benefiting the 17% of Skagit County that is Hispanic/Latino.

I don't hear much random radio playing anymore up here. So I can't really say. I have seen younger folks with 94.5 programmed on their radios when it was The Beat.

KZNW (it's new calls) should do VERY well. I've long said Skagit County needs a 24/7 Hispanic station. But isn't Bustos a bunch of networks? La Gran D, La Z?

http://kznw.lazetaradio.com/

I But isn't Bustos a bunch of networks? La Gran D, La Z?

It's a mini-regional network system. A bunch of smaller signals tied together, but with separate break-out times for local spots.

Amador also owns KDDS 99.3, different Spanish format.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom