KMCQ 103.3 Now En Espanol

Thread: KMCQ 103.3 Now En Espanol

KMCQ 103.3 Now En Espanol

Not sure of the flip when, but I'm hearing it now....

La Zeta....
    Pro-Wrestling: A sport where people without pants fight for a belt.

Transaction closed last Friday and Bustos Media began new format on Monday.
    KSWW (AC) "Sunny" 102.1-101.1 -- KJET (Hot AC) "The Jet" 105.7-93.1 -- KANY (Hot Country) "Bigfoot" 107.3 -- KBKW (NewsTalk) "The Talk of Grays Harbor" 1450-100.5 -- KSWW HD-2 (Classic Rock) "The Quake" 103.9 -- KSWW HD-3 "Timber Country" 94.7<br />Keeping radio locally-owned on the Washington Coast.<br />Still using a microphone - 6:10-7:00 am - www.kbkw.com

Well, that pissed off all the NW WA country listeners. I guess they'll have to settle with KAPS with a weak FM translator and AM signal, or JR-FM! (Which BTW, are there a lot of people in Whatcom and Skagit Counties that listen often to Canadian FMs? I'm sure Z95.3 and Virgin Radio 94.5 are common presets in vehicles driven by people under 30. There's no real CHR based in NW WA.) But I know this is benefiting the 17% of Skagit County that is Hispanic/Latino.
    757 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1100 WTAM Cleveland, OH; 2/9/18

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    Well, that pissed off all the NW WA country listeners. I guess they'll have to settle with KAPS with a weak FM translator and AM signal, or JR-FM! (Which BTW, are there a lot of people in Whatcom and Skagit Counties that listen often to Canadian FMs? I'm sure Z95.3 and Virgin Radio 94.5 are common presets in vehicles driven by people under 30. There's no real CHR based in NW WA.) But I know this is benefiting the 17% of Skagit County that is Hispanic/Latino.
    I don't hear much random radio playing anymore up here. So I can't really say. I have seen younger folks with 94.5 programmed on their radios when it was The Beat.

KZNW (it's new calls) should do VERY well. I've long said Skagit County needs a 24/7 Hispanic station. But isn't Bustos a bunch of networks? La Gran D, La Z?

http://kznw.lazetaradio.com/
    Pro-Wrestling: A sport where people without pants fight for a belt.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongwater View Post
    I But isn't Bustos a bunch of networks? La Gran D, La Z?
    It's a mini-regional network system. A bunch of smaller signals tied together, but with separate break-out times for local spots.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Amador also owns KDDS 99.3, different Spanish format.
    KSWW (AC) "Sunny" 102.1-101.1 -- KJET (Hot AC) "The Jet" 105.7-93.1 -- KANY (Hot Country) "Bigfoot" 107.3 -- KBKW (NewsTalk) "The Talk of Grays Harbor" 1450-100.5 -- KSWW HD-2 (Classic Rock) "The Quake" 103.9 -- KSWW HD-3 "Timber Country" 94.7<br />Keeping radio locally-owned on the Washington Coast.<br />Still using a microphone - 6:10-7:00 am - www.kbkw.com