Latest PPM out 5/18
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest PPM out 5/18

Sooooo....what's with the drop on The Sound? Down 6/10ths of a share since March. And look at those awful, AWFUL ratings for 98.9! I'll give it another 6 months. KKWF's even down. I'm guessing country is not a popular format anymore in the Seattle-Tacoma area, even with those that are living in Pierce and Snohomish County away from the I-5/405 area.
    KIRO-AM jumped up big, guessing due to the Mariners.
    757 AM's in the log, 615 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: 88.1 KTCV Kennewick, WA; 1/1/18 (early morning)
    Last New AM Log: 1100 WTAM Cleveland, OH; 2/9/18

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    Sooooo....what's with the drop on The Sound? Down 6/10ths of a share since March..
    Can you say "wobble"?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Sooooo....what's with the drop on The Sound? Down 6/10ths of a share since March.
    0.6 is within the margin of error of the survey. Unless there is a multi-book downward trend, it is, as CTListener says, just wobble.

Very often larger wobbles in 12+ are actually fluctuations outside the core target audience and represent fringe listener groups the station is not seeking anyway... but 12+ does not reveal that or anything else significant anyway.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

And look at those awful, AWFUL ratings for 98.9! I'll give it another 6 months.
    Their new morning show just debuted this week. You don't wait 6 months to launch a morning show, and then only give them 6 months to prove themselves. Take a look at the promotions they're doing at up-coming concerts in the area. You'll start seeing the morning show out and about in the next few weeks, and it probably won't have an impact until June.

Yes it's a very slow climb, but it'll still a climb. This is Hubbard...they move slow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Yes it's a very slow climb, but it'll still a climb. This is Hubbard...they move slow.
    You clearly have no knowledge of how things were pre-Hubbard.

And this morning show better be the next coming of Bob Rivers if it's to dominate. Without cannibalizing its sister show B&J, that is. That's a hard order to fill.

My money's on another format change before the Easter Bunny makes his 2019 trip.

It appears KJR/KFNQ canceled each other out to the massive benefit of KIRO-AM. Sports fans confused as to which KJR is which for what. Maybe not such a good idea?
    I do not have ducks.
    I do not have a row.
    I have squirrels and they're at a rave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    You clearly have no knowledge of how things were pre-Hubbard.
    Ancient history. No one cares. The morning show doesn't have to dominate. It just has to do well. If they get a 3, they're golden, and in the process they're frustrating iHeart.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    This is Hubbard...they move slow.
    Rock 98.9 flipped to Country 98.9 in less than two hours after Entercom debuted The Sound.

Yeah, Hubbard moves slow.

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post

Yeah, Hubbard moves slow.
    Yep and they waited almost six months to launch their highly touted morning show. I don't know a lot of companies that would be willing to wait that long.

Which is why I don't expect them to pull the rug out from under them after 6 months. They appear to be in this for the long haul.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast