• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: April 2018

On to my on-topic comments :)

• WOGL, now up to a 7.0, seems to have found what they're looking for.

• WOGL has averaged above a 7 in Spring (Apr May Jun) and Summer (Jul Aug Sep) of 2016, as well as Winter (Jan Feb Mar), Spring and Summer of 2017. Being above a 7 in 12+ is nothing new.

They are now pretty consistently around 4th or 5th in 35-54, too.

On to my on-topic comments :)

• WOGL, now up to a 7.0, seems to have found what they're looking for.
  • BEN is higher than it's been in recent memory.
  • WRNB continues sliding.
  • WISX and WTDY both abandoned mass appeal formats for more targeted niches but when the dust settled, did the numbers change much? I'll bet the number$ did.

It looks like the 80s focus is working for WOGL and WBEN. BEN seemed to have been sliding into the 90s (and even splashing into some classic 90's Alt that WDRE/Y100 played), but has pulled back on that and seems to be laser focused on WOGL in the 80s, and we need more data, but at the quick glance, it looks like it's working. (As I stated before... sorry 96.5 the Point, you were just WAY ahead of your time).

WRNB recently made changes to the drive-time. Quincy in the Morning, DL Hughley in the PM. While the music hasn't changed, big jock changes can take time to settle in with the audience. No guarantee that this is the issue though.

This is WTDY's first (full?) book since flipping from AC to Hot AC/CHR. And since it wasn't a big flip (to something WAY different), it didn't seem to move the needle yet. Give them some more months to see if it gathers attention. My guess though... it won't.

Sad thing about 1210 WPHT is that WKXW is ahead of WPHT and both rating and cume in the latest survey.

Sad thing about 1210 WPHT is that WKXW is ahead of WPHT and both rating and cume in the latest survey.

Really doesn't matter. In NYC, WKXW is tied with the legendary 50,000 watt WABC. All it shows is the demise of AM radio.

You mean "share and cume". Nielsen does not make a public release of rating numbers.

And, somewhat amazingly, Jul, your last post was made at 12:10AM, about 1210AM.

Is it REALLY sad? KXW is an FM that targets the eastern counties of the Philly market. It has 30 years of heritage, and they do a fine job. Hard work, good programming, and being on FM where most of the listeners are going to help you succeed!

What is sad is this tired old topic coming up again. Julius, I have a challenge for you. Let’s NOT talk about 1210 again, until the format ACTUALLY flips. Can’t you just be happy for them that as a dying AM station, they are profitable, when many AM stations are not. If they are ok with its making money with lower numbers, you can be too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom