WBEZ's new schedule

Thread: WBEZ's new schedule

WBEZ's new schedule

Start this week WBEZ is changing up their lineup by adding new shows, fresh voices, expanding newscasts, change around show times for other shows like re-broadcasts of shows and ending some shows. If you are a fan of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me it will keep its first airing at 10 AM on Saturday Mornings, and they are moving up the encore form 5 PM on Sunday afternoons to 11 AM on Sunday mornings. To see the updated schedule go to http://www.wbez.org/schedule . Now here is another difference, since today is Sunday soon there will be another hour on Weekend Edition Sunday with Lulu Garcia-Navarro. I see on Wikipedia that the show's running time is 105 minutes, and you see on the website 2 hours of it, if you look at it this morning. I don't know what will be planned for a third hour that will be followed by Wait Wait Don't Tell Me in its new Sunday time slot. Yes I know that Wikipedia is a public forum that anybody could go and edit things, and they don't check to be sure it is true before it is published. Now according to the report by Robert Feder there are 4 shows that will be leaving their schedule and they are “Q,” “The World,” “Le Show,” and “BBC Newshour.” Now if you are a fan of any these shows, you are going to have to find another station that will still air these shows, and find out what time they are played. If you are not a fan of these shows, then you can happy they will be gone. There are 5 new shows that are joining according to Robert Seder's report and they are 1A, The Daily, It’s Been a Minute, The Takeaway, and Hidden Brain. All these are national shows, and a note on The Take Away it doesn't start airing until June 2nd, which will be airing at 3 PM on Saturday afternoons. So don't be tuning into WBEZ next Saturday afternoon expecting to hear the show already. And from what i am seeing it on the website, they have it on their website as to air next Saturday afternoon at 3 PM, but I have no idea what all be on at that time for the next few Saturdays. It's Been a Minute will air right after the first broadcast of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me at 11 AM, where in the past a rebroadcast of This American Life with Ira Glass, the show will move to 1 hour later at Noon on Saturday afternoons, even through the first airing of it will still be on Friday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by staggmovie View Post
    Start this week WBEZ is changing up their lineup by adding new shows, fresh voices, expanding newscasts, change around show times for other shows like re-broadcasts of shows and ending some shows. If you are a fan of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me it will keep its first airing at 10 AM on Saturday Mornings, and they are moving up the encore form 5 PM on Sunday afternoons to 11 AM on Sunday mornings. To see the updated schedule go to http://www.wbez.org/schedule . Now here is another difference, since today is Sunday soon there will be another hour on Weekend Edition Sunday with Lulu Garcia-Navarro. I see on Wikipedia that the show's running time is 105 minutes, and you see on the website 2 hours of it, if you look at it this morning. I don't know what will be planned for a third hour that will be followed by Wait Wait Don't Tell Me in its new Sunday time slot. Yes I know that Wikipedia is a public forum that anybody could go and edit things, and they don't check to be sure it is true before it is published. Now according to the report by Robert Feder there are 4 shows that will be leaving their schedule and they are “Q,” “The World,” “Le Show,” and “BBC Newshour.” Now if you are a fan of any these shows, you are going to have to find another station that will still air these shows, and find out what time they are played. If you are not a fan of these shows, then you can happy they will be gone. There are 5 new shows that are joining according to Robert Seder's report and they are 1A, The Daily, It’s Been a Minute, The Takeaway, and Hidden Brain. All these are national shows, and a note on The Take Away it doesn't start airing until June 2nd, which will be airing at 3 PM on Saturday afternoons. So don't be tuning into WBEZ next Saturday afternoon expecting to hear the show already. And from what i am seeing it on the website, they have it on their website as to air next Saturday afternoon at 3 PM, but I have no idea what all be on at that time for the next few Saturdays. It's Been a Minute will air right after the first broadcast of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me at 11 AM, where in the past a rebroadcast of This American Life with Ira Glass, the show will move to 1 hour later at Noon on Saturday afternoons, even through the first airing of it will still be on Friday nights.
    I mentioned more about this on the recent episode of my podcast, "Public Media Daily."
    Owner of a SPARC SHD-TX2 Portable HD Radio.

Changing Newscasts... The Latest News about Local Newscasts.

Roly Ortega (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
    Blogposter for Changing Newscasts.
    E-mail: roly4266@live.com
    Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog | #ChangingNewscasts
    Facebook: "Changing Newscasts"
    Wiki: The Changing Newscasts Wiki

Public Media Fan?
    @PubMediaFans on Twitter.

Not sure what Wikipedia editor put in "ca. 105 minutes" as the "running time" for Weekend Edition. It's a two-hour show, or at least it occupies a two-hour slot. There's probably about 105 minutes of network content when you take out the underwriting and local breaks each hour...but it's still a two-hour show. As with most of its newsmagazines, NPR provides "rollover" hours that are repeats of the first and second hour, which air at 8 and 9 AM ET. That's to allow stations in western time zones to carry the live feed off the satellite at a later local time. During the week, those "rollover" hours sometimes feature updated material - there might be stories that air on Morning Edition's first hour at 5 AM ET/2 AM PT that are changed out for the final rollover of that first hour at 11 AM ET/8 AM PT - but I'm not sure if they do that with Weekend Edition or not.
    All kinds of good stuff over at http://www.fybush.com

Quote Originally Posted by itsRoly4266 View Post
    I mentioned more about this on the recent episode of my podcast, "Public Media Daily."
    And how can anybody that is interested in listening to your podcast can find it?

Quote Originally Posted by fybush View Post
    Not sure what Wikipedia editor put in "ca. 105 minutes" as the "running time" for Weekend Edition. It's a two-hour show, or at least it occupies a two-hour slot. There's probably about 105 minutes of network content when you take out the underwriting and local breaks each hour...but it's still a two-hour show. As with most of its newsmagazines, NPR provides "rollover" hours that are repeats of the first and second hour, which air at 8 and 9 AM ET. That's to allow stations in western time zones to carry the live feed off the satellite at a later local time. During the week, those "rollover" hours sometimes feature updated material - there might be stories that air on Morning Edition's first hour at 5 AM ET/2 AM PT that are changed out for the final rollover of that first hour at 11 AM ET/8 AM PT - but I'm not sure if they do that with Weekend Edition or not.
    I am just saying what I see on Wikeipdia, so yeah it could be if you take out any time a station airing has one of their people on the air, even doing their own local news. Like here in Chicago Greta Johnson is the one that chiefly reports news on Saturdays and Sunday mornings, every so often somebody will fill in for her, like if she is busy filling in the mornings week days, and to give her at least a day off somewhere.

And how can anybody that is interested in listening to your podcast can find it?
    Apple Podcasts, Player FM, RadioPublic, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Overcast and everywhere else you can find it.

Public Media Fan?

Apple Podcasts, Player FM, RadioPublic, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Overcast and everywhere else you can find it.
    Okay I am taking it that you don't have your own website for the podcast

Okay I am taking it that you don't have your own website for the podcast
    Yes I do.

Public Media Fan?

Okay