• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes At WLS FM

Dr Wayne

Leading Participant
Has anyone noticed that WLS FM seems to have dropped its jingles and their playlist tweaked to more Classic Rock. Are more changes coming to WLS?

Looking at the playlist, it seems pretty typical for Classic Hits in 2018. It is on the rock-leaning side, but still has some pop/rhythmic titles, and none of the rock songs are anything out of the ordinary for the format.

I'll miss the jingles if they really have been dropped altogether, but admittedly they didn't really fit with the music anymore, and they haven't been used much lately anyway. I would have loved to see them get a new custom JAM jingle package, but oh well.

Has anyone noticed that WLS FM seems to have dropped its jingles and their playlist tweaked to more Classic Rock. Are more changes coming to WLS?

The big change that I have seemed to noticed is that Abby Ryan has had her Sunday hours cut, now it appears on their website that she isn't on anymore

Perhaps, with the loss of the Loop they're leaning with more rock, though doubtful.

I just noticed they have a brand new logo, which for the first time since relaunching the WLS-FM calls, takes no cues from the classic WLS logo.

When they stopped playing their top hour ID "From the city that's second to none...", I felt they cheapened out.

The current playlist reminds me of 100.3 during the "Chicago's 100.3 / Rewind 100.3" era.

I see a lot of 80's pop hits in the playlist, with a little 70's and a dash of the 90's thrown in for good measure.

The current playlist reminds me of 100.3 during the "Chicago's 100.3 / Rewind 100.3" era.

I see a lot of 80's pop hits in the playlist, with a little 70's and a dash of the 90's thrown in for good measure.

And in 25-54, they are up more than 50% since the beginning of the year when compared to the last quarter of 2017.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom