• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

La Calle moving to 105.3

La Calle is promoting the frequency change on air. Radio Dabang frequency change promo loop still running on 105.3.

If I were to guess, then I'd say that the Tejano station will likely pick up K235CS. It's owned by the same group that is currently leasing KGBC to him and the station isn't being promoted on KLVL (the parent station). IIRC, that's how 101.7 started. The station is going to be used on something other than KLVL. It would make sense that the Tejano owner would bundle these station into his current lease.

The question is what HD subchannel will be used to feed the translator? My guess (based on a quick online/facebook search) is either KMJQ or KBXX. This Melendez fellow has history with Urban One in Indiana. I'm sure he could negotiate himself a good deal based on the work he has done for them.

I am presuming this is a translator applied for by KLVL and therefore owned by them. Such a translator cannot by law change the station translated. A translator sought by an AM station remains forever only capable of translating the station that it was assigned. This was one of the FCC's rules that permitted an AM station to get an FM translator in the first place. In addition it cannot be sold to another station. In short, if KLVL applied for it, it cannot be anything but a translator for KLVL.

I am presuming this is a translator applied for by KLVL and therefore owned by them. Such a translator cannot by law change the station translated. A translator sought by an AM station remains forever only capable of translating the station that it was assigned. This was one of the FCC's rules that permitted an AM station to get an FM translator in the first place. In addition it cannot be sold to another station. In short, if KLVL applied for it, it cannot be anything but a translator for KLVL.
Take a look around the market. You think these operators care anymore? The rules are being treated as suggestions by these groups.

The loop that ran on 105.3 telling listeners to switch to 99.5 Radio Dabang was illegal as it was technically original programming. These broadcasters don't care.

Absolutely they care. Because you have a few people that don't is not an excuse. Some people speed on the roads. They don't get caught every day but some do and if you speed, you will get caught. Radio is the same way. The FCC always strikes well after the fact with evidence that nails you to the wall with the latest and greatest nail gun. It's going to leave a mark. My post was to point out a rule anyway. Not all know an AM is permanently attached to the translator they applied for. This does not apply to all translators only those assigned to AM stations.

And now 92.5 if off air I am being able to listen to cool 92.5.

You must have checked 92.5 the same time as I did. Near downtown I was hearing Spanish language religion, which I am guessing was KJJG-LP out of the City of South Houston. A few minutes later La Calle reappeared.

If La Calle disappears again it may also reveal KHGF which is in far northeast Houston, also with a Spanish language religious format.

You must have checked 92.5 the same time as I did. Near downtown I was hearing Spanish language religion, which I am guessing was KJJG-LP out of the City of South Houston. A few minutes later La Calle reappeared.

If La Calle disappears again it may also reveal KHGF which is in far northeast Houston, also with a Spanish language religious format.

Wow both this stations got approved last month. I wonder if that had anything to do with La Calle moving away to 105.3?

It looks like the translator on 105.3, as well as a lot of other stations owned by some other broadcasters, had stuff filed against them the other day from PROMETHEUS ET. AL.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom